Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Publications
Filter by Presentations
5 Tips for Active Learning Space Design - Chris Kobza is managing director for learning spaces at the University of Oklahoma.
Articles and Papers
- Emerging Technologies to Enhance Teaching and Enable Active Learning, EDUCAUSE Review Online, August 2015.
- The Evolving Classroom: Creating Experiential Learning Spaces, EDUCAUSE Review Online, October 2014.
- Considering Classroom Seating for Students and Faculty in the 21st Century, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, March 2014.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- Ex Parte Contact in USF Contribution Methodology
August 30, 2012
On Wednesday, August 29, 2012, Greg Jackson (Vice President, EDUCAUSE) and John Windhausen (Telepoly Consulting), on behalf of EDUCAUSE, met with Vickie Robinson, Ernesto Beckford and Charles Ebe…
- Cybersecurity: Authoritative Reports and Resources
July 24, 2012
Cybersecurity vulnerabilities challenge governments, businesses, and individuals worldwide. Attacks have been initiated by individuals, as well as countries. Targets have included government netw…
- EDUCAUSE USF Reform Reply Comments
August 6, 2012
Reply comments sent by EDUCAUSE to the Federal Communications Commission on August 6, 2012 in the matter of the Universal Service Contribution Methodology (WC Docket No. 06-122), A National Broad…
- ECPA Amendment Letter
July 31, 2012
In this letter sent to Senate Majority Leader Reid and Minority Leader McConnell, EDUCAUSE joined with the Association of Research Libraries, businesses, and other trade associations to support …
- EDUCAUSE Joins New E-Learning Alliance
October 5, 2012
Earlier this year, EDUCAUSE participated in a task force of higher education associations and organizations that have e-learning as a significant part of their strategic agenda. Supported by a gr…
- Policy, Advocacy, and Higher Ed IT Engagement
September 26, 2012
EDUCAUSE Policy recently asked other higher education associations, “What is the best way for higher education IT staff to engage in federal policy issues?” We heard from a number of people t…
- USF Reform Comments to the FCC
July 9, 2012
July 9, 2012 comments sent by EDUCAUSE, AAU, ACE, APLU, AASCU, and NACUBO to the Federal Communications Commission about the proposed reform of the Universal Service Fund contribution methodology…
- $500 Million in Higher Ed. Grants Involving OER Announced
September 21, 2012
Earlier this week, the U.S. Department of Labor announced the college and university winners of its second-round grants under the Trade Adjustment Assistance Community College and Career Trai…
- Networking, Telephony, and USF Patterns in Higher Education: A Sample Snapshot
July 3, 2012
The Federal Communications Commission recently opened a proceeding to consider how to reform its collection of fees for the Universal Service Fund and may reach a decision in this matter late…
- Republican, Democratic Platforms Take Different Approaches on Technology Issues
September 11, 2012
Now that the Republican and Democratic Conventions are completed, let’s take a look at their respective platforms on broadband, internet, and information technology policies. While the Republ…