Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by Presentations
- EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, September 29- October 2, 2014. Explore Learning Space sessions at the 2014 Annual Conference in Orlando.
- ELI Online Fall Focus Sessions - On October 28 and 29, ELI will host its 2014 Fall Focus Session, "Re-Imagining Learning Spaces: Design, Technology, and Assessment" inside an Adobe Connect learning environment.
Articles and Papers
- Considering Classroom Seating for Students and Faculty in the 21st Century, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, March 2014.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- Enterprise Information Security Program
March 26, 2009
The University of Iowa’s program for information security is a combination of policy, security architecture modeling, and descriptions of current IT security services and control practices. …
- Income Models for Supporting Open Access
January 19, 2010
Developing a sound business model is a critical concern of publishers considering open-access distribution. Selecting the model appropriate to a particular journal will depend not only on the exp…
- Implementing the Higher Education Opportunity Act â€“ A Checklist for Business Officers
December 8, 2009
NACUBO has prepared a high-level checklist of provisions stemming from the Higher Education Opportunity Act to help business officers and others keep track of key compliance obligations. The …
- Replacing College-owned Computers: The Micro Fund
May 22, 2009
Information on Macalester College's computer replacement process. Information on Macalester College's computer replacement process. …
- IT Services Advisory Committees - Miami University
May 5, 2009
This web site details the University of Miami's IT governance structure. This web site details the University of Miami's IT governance …
- Information Technology Careers at Pepperdine University - Framework for Career Ladder
May 4, 2009
Pepperdine University developed and implemented a set of competency based career ladders for all IT employees. Â These career ladders, in addition to detailing progressive responsibilities, req…
- Emergency Preparedness
April 29, 2009
Oakland University's Emergency Preparedness web site. Includes information on procedures, communication, infection prevention and control. O…
- The Green Information Technology (IT) Strategic Plan
February 23, 2009
The Green Information Technology Strategic Plan is important to the continued preservation of natural resources and reduction of harmful toxins released into the environment. It is the intention …
- Project Management Framework
December 11, 2008
This site contains a Project Management Framework (PMF) for QUT. The PMF follows best practice program management guidelines with forms and completed examples. Therefore, the PMF can be used as …
- Energy-Efficient Data Center Concepts
December 11, 2008
Minimizing data center energy requires a systems approach that employs efficient use of electrical energy in all parts of the overall system. This document provides the planning and design framew…