Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Publications
Filter by Presentations
Filter by Library Taxonomy
- Teaching and Learning [x]
- Learning Space [x]
- Learning Environments (68)
- Collaborative Learning (27)
- Assessment and Evaluation (25)
- Instructional Design (19)
- Active Learning (16)
- Instructional Technologies (16)
- Student Engagement and Interaction (16)
- Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) (16)
- Teaching and Learning Strategic Planning (13)
- Infrastructure and Emerging Technologies (73)
- Information Technology Management and Leadership (70)
- Libraries and Technology (41)
Recent and Upcoming Events
- EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, September 29- October 2, 2014. Explore Learning Space sessions at the 2014 Annual Conference in Orlando.
- ELI Online Fall Focus Sessions - On October 28 and 29, ELI will host its 2014 Fall Focus Session, "Re-Imagining Learning Spaces: Design, Technology, and Assessment" inside an Adobe Connect learning environment.
Articles and Papers
- The Evolving Classroom: Creating Experiential Learning Spaces, EDUCAUSE Review Online, October 2014.
- Considering Classroom Seating for Students and Faculty in the 21st Century, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, March 2014.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- Informal Learning Spaces in Support of the Institutional Mission
September 14, 2005
A session at the ELI 2005 Fall Focus Session
September 14, 2005 ELI054_156556 …
- High-Velocity Change: Creating Collaborative Learning Environments
July 19, 2005
This research bulletin describes how a group of individuals at the University of Kansas worked to design and implement a collaborative learning environment for students, based on theoretical and …
- EDUCAUSE Review Magazine, Volume 40, Number 4, July/August 2005
July 8, 2005
features Design of the Learning Space: Learning and Design Principles Chris Johnson and Cyprien Lomas By focusing on design principles grounded in deeper learning principl…
- Technology-Enhanced Classrooms: Central Versus Distributed Support
June 7, 2005
A session at the EDUCAUSE Southeast Regional Conference 2005
Technology-enhanced classrooms are the heart of the 21st-century learning environment. Managing and supporting the infrastructure embedded in those environments is paramount to a successful learnin…
- An Interview with Debra G. Smith
May 20, 2005
In this podcast, we're providng an interview with Debra G. Smith about the benefits and challenges of operating a cost shared IT organization. (Running Time: 7:20) …
- Campus Learning Spaces: Investing in How Students Learn
April 12, 2005
This research bulletin describes the active, visual, collaborative learning processes that an increasing number of university and college students prefer, and it outlines strategies for designing…
- AMX Corporation, An EDUCAUSE Bronze Partner - Promoting Student Engagement Through Classroom Technologies
March 22, 2005
A session at the EDUCAUSE Midwest Regional Conference 2005
Classroom design and technologies are critical for fostering student engagement and collaboration. This presentation will discuss the University of Minnesota's experiences in building an infra…
- Managing Multimedia Classrooms in the Real World
February 17, 2005
A session at the EDUCAUSE Southwest Regional Conference 2005
Learn how Washington University, a midsized private university, develops and manages its 65+ full multimedia classrooms with a small budget and staff. See how we service and respond to our faculty …
- Managing Classroom Technology Renovations
January 25, 2005
A session at the NLII Annual Conference 2005
The University of Pittsburgh is committed to providing a classroom environment that enhances the teaching and learning experience. To that end, the University builds state-of-the-practice technolog…
- That Was Then, This is Now: Designing Learning Environments
January 25, 2005
A session at the NLII Annual Conference 2005
The editors of a new book on the pedagogical foundations of course management systems will present key ideas harvested from their work with instructional designers, visionaries, learning theorists,…