Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Publications
Filter by Presentations
Filter by Library Taxonomy
- Learning Space [x]
- Learning Environments (297)
- Teaching and Learning (297)
- Information Technology Management and Leadership (144)
- Computing Facilities (77)
- Learning (68)
- Technology-enhanced Classrooms (45)
- Libraries and Technology (40)
- Instructional Computing Facilities (26)
- Collaborative Learning (25)
- Instructional Technologies (25)
- Assessment and Evaluation (24)
- Collaboration (23)
- Computing Labs (20)
- Electronic Classrooms (20)
- Instructional Design (18)
- Virtual Community (17)
- E-Learning (16)
- Organizational Issues, Teaching and Learning (16)
- Students (15)
Articles and Papers
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Environments: Where Space, Technology, and Culture Converge, ELI White Paper, October 2009.
- A Case Study in Master Planning the Learning Landscape Hub Concepts for the University of Buffalo, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Best Practices in Learning Space Design: Engaging Users, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Spaces: A Tutorial, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Created with flickr slideshow.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- "That's Great, But You'll Never Get It Built": The Computing Lab Redefined at the University of Chicago
January 1, 2001
The library, central computing, and biological sciences at The University of Chicago embarked on a "no limits" study to design the "perfect" computing cluster. What emerged was …
- ELI Podcast: Rethinking Learning Spaces
January 28, 2009
This one-hour podcast features a panel session from the ELI 2009 Annual Conference. The session, " Rethinking Learning Spaces ," includes: Marvin J. Malecha , Dean, College o…
- E08 Podcast: In Conversation - Learning Spaces
November 18, 2008
This thirty-five minute podcast features a roundtable conversation recorded at the EDUCAUSE 2008 Annual Conference. The topic is Learning Spaces . What is the connection between space and lear…
- E07 Podcast: Top-Down or Bottom-Up? Designing and Redesigning a Digital Campus Somewhere in Between
September 15, 2008
This thirty-two minute podcast features a session from the EDUCAUSE 2007 Annual Conference. The session, " Top-Down or Bottom-Up? Designing and Redesigning a Digital Campus Somewhere in Bet…
- E07 Podcast: An Interview with Mara Hancock, ETS Associate Director of Learning Systems at UC Berkely.
January 7, 2008
In this 17 minute podcast, we feature an interview with Mara Hancock , Associate Director for UC Berkeley's Educational Technology Services department. Educational Technology Services…
- E07 Podcast: An Interview with Heather Gordon
November 12, 2007
In this 12-minute podcast, we feature a phone interview with Heather Gordon , Director, Information Services and University Librarian, James Cook University . She discusses the University'…
- EDUCAUSE2006 Podcast: Classroom Technology Standards
April 22, 2007
In this 40-minute recording from the 2006 EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, we'll hear from Kathryn Gates, Jie Tang and Anil Vinjamur in a session entitled Classroom Technology Standards and De…
- EDUCAUSE2006 Podcast: Designing Learning Spaces
April 5, 2007
In this 43-minute recording from the 2006 EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, we'll hear from Homero Lopez, Richard Marmon, and Roger Yohe in a session entitled Designing Learning Spaces that Pr…
- EDUCAUSE2006 Podcast: Development of Temple's TECH Center
March 24, 2007
In this 46-minute recording from the 2006 EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, we'll hear from Gerald Hinkle, Timothy O'Rourke, and Sheri Stahler in a session entitled From Labs to Collabora…
- ELI2007 Podcast: Creating New Spaces
February 5, 2007
In this 56-minute recording from the 2007 EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative Annual Meeting, we'll hear from William Dittoe, Deborah Bickford, and David Wright in a session entitled Creating Ne…