Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
- Podcasts (1182)
- Blogs (1071)
- Agreements or Contracts (14)
- Articles, Briefs, Papers, and Reports (6571)
- Bibliography (10)
- Blogs and Wikis (62)
- Books and Monographs (96)
- Certification, Education, Training and Tutorials (42)
- Effective Practices (62)
- Government Documents, Laws, Testimonies or Reports (112)
- Interactive Graphic and Infographics (17)
- Letters (23)
- Plans and Guidelines (99)
- Policies and Procedures (411)
- Presentations and Seminars (8957)
- Programs and Projects (49)
- RFPs (13)
- Surveys (74)
- Tools (45)
- Vendors (5)
- Videos (75)
- Web Sites (48)
Filter by Publications
Filter by Presentations
- EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, September 29- October 2, 2014. Explore Learning Space sessions at the 2014 Annual Conference in Orlando.
- ELI Online Fall Focus Sessions - On October 28 and 29, ELI will host its 2014 Fall Focus Session, "Re-Imagining Learning Spaces: Design, Technology, and Assessment" inside an Adobe Connect learning environment.
Articles and Papers
- Considering Classroom Seating for Students and Faculty in the 21st Century, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, March 2014.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- Understanding Responsive Web Design in Higher Education
September 9, 2014
This paper is a publication of the ECAR Mobile Strategy and Application Development (ECAR-MSAD) Working Group. In higher education, nearly every user interaction that takes place on a desktop or …
- Teaching and Learning: Four Big Ideas for What’s Next
September 15, 2014
Kyle Bowen talks about four emerging concepts that help reimagine the dynamics of teaching and learning. Kyle Bowen talks about fou…
- Developing A Comprehensive Privacy Program: A Step-By-Step Guide
December 13, 2013
Daniel Solove wrote Developing A Comprehensive Privacy Program: A Step-By-Step Guide in 2013 for The National Assoication of College and University Attorneys (NACUA). This guide seeks to…
- New Year, New Challenges: Preparing Your Campus for Data Privacy and Security Issues in the Year Ahead
December 19, 2013
As technology continues to evolve, so do the data privacy and security risks facing colleges and universities. New products and programs have made it easier to teach, gather, and share informat…
- Student Experience
Student Experience True What are the three most important…
- Next Gen Tools: EAA's "Buzz"
September 2, 2014
This innovation brief from Next Generation Learning Challenges (NGLC) focuses on Buzz, a K-12 personalized learning platform used in Education Achievement Authority of Michigan's schools. …
- PassNote: A Feedback Tool for Improving Student Success
September 15, 2014
Key Takeaways Quality communication between faculty and students in higher education is critical and considerably influences students' intellectual growth , but it is not…
- Designing a Future of Digital Engagement
September 15, 2014
Diana G. Oblinger is President and CEO of EDUCAUSE. "The future of higher education is more than a digital replica of yesterday's campus or even today's classroom. The…
- EDUCAUSE Review: Print Edition, Volume 49, Number 5, September/October 2014
September 15, 2014
EDUCAUSE Review: Print Edition Volume 49, Number 5 September/October 2014 Features Designed to Engage by Diana G. Oblinger In a world that is both on…
- University-wide ICT Policies
August 25, 2014
The Univeristy of the West Indies University-wide ICT Policies include policies on Acceptable Use, Social Media, Electronic Communication and Security. …