Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Publications
Filter by Presentations
Filter by Library Taxonomy
- Computing Facilities [x]
- Learning Space [x]
- Information Technology Management and Leadership (77)
- Learning Environments (77)
- Teaching and Learning (77)
- Technology-enhanced Classrooms (45)
- Instructional Computing Facilities (26)
- Learning (22)
- Computing Labs (20)
- Electronic Classrooms (20)
- Collaborative Learning (10)
- Instructional Technologies (10)
- Student Engagement and Interaction (9)
- Assessment and Evaluation (7)
- Active Learning (6)
- Distributed Computing (6)
- Mobile Computing (6)
- Support Services (6)
- Collaboration (5)
- Instructional Design (5)
Articles and Papers
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Environments: Where Space, Technology, and Culture Converge, ELI White Paper, October 2009.
- A Case Study in Master Planning the Learning Landscape Hub Concepts for the University of Buffalo, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Best Practices in Learning Space Design: Engaging Users, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Spaces: A Tutorial, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Created with flickr slideshow.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- Using the PAIR-up Model to Evaluate Active Learning Spaces
March 26, 2009
By Aimee L. Whiteside, Linda Jorn, Ann Hill Duin, and Steve Fitzgerald The PAIR-up model takes advantage of interdisciplinary partnerships, assessment, innovation, and reevaluation of c…
- Innovative Technology-Enhanced Learning Spaces: A Mixed-Methods Investigation
March 24, 2009
A session at the EDUCAUSE Midwest Regional Conference 2009
Recent scholarship on learning spaces reflects a growing consensus that learning is significantly affected by the environment in which it occurs. While interest in innovative technology-enhanced le…
- A Long-Term View for Learning Spaces
March 20, 2009
© 2009 Joan K. Lippincott, Clare C. van den Blink, Martin Lewis, Crit Stuart, and Lauren Brady Oswald EDUCAUSE Review, vol. 44, no. 2 (March/April 2009): 10–11 A Long-Term View for L…
- Learning Spaces: Involving Faculty to Improve Pedagogy
March 20, 2009
© 2009 Joan K. Lippincott. The text of this article is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 License ( http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/ ).…
- The Learning Space
February 18, 2009
The primary intent of this web blog is to provide an environment which offers mediated resources in teaching and learning, guidance in classroom design, instructional design, and digital media cr…
- Collaborating with Users to Design Learning Spaces: Playing Nicely in the Sandbox
January 21, 2009
A session at the ELI Annual Meeting 2009
In 2007, we collaboratively transformed an abandoned swimming pool into a sandbox classroom, where faculty and students are encouraged to approach teaching and learning with the curious spirit …
- Laying the Foundation for Innovative, Flexible, and Consistent Classroom Technology
October 31, 2008
A session at the EDUCAUSE 2008 Annual Conference
Carnegie Mellon University has just completed an intense analysis and implementation of new, standardized technologies in all of the university's general classrooms. This presentation will dis…
- The Future of Instructional Computing Labs
October 30, 2008
A session at the EDUCAUSE 2008 Annual Conference
What does the IT teaching lab of the future look like? Is it physical, virtual, or a combination? Cornell Information Technologies' instructional lab team engaged in a campus-wide discussion a…
- Designing and Assessing Formal and Informal Learning Spaces
September 30, 2008
The San José State University Academic Success Center opened in October 2006 with a goal to increase student success by providing 21st-century technology, informal and formal learning spaces, an…
- Collaboratively Transforming an Abandoned Swimming Pool into an Experimental, Interactive Classroom
June 2, 2008
A session at the EDUCAUSE Southeast Regional Conference 2008
We will discuss the academic and IT perspectives on a collaborative project to transform an abandoned swimming pool into a "sandbox classroom," where faculty and students are encouraged t…