Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Presentations
Filter by Library Taxonomy
- Infrastructure and Emerging Technologies [x]
- Teaching and Learning [x]
- Learning Space [x]
- Learning Environments (17)
- Student Engagement and Interaction (7)
- Active Learning (6)
- Collaborative Learning (6)
- Instructional Technologies (5)
- Assessment and Evaluation (4)
- Teaching and Learning Strategic Planning (4)
- IT Integration (3)
- Instructional Design (3)
- Team-based Learning (3)
- Collaborative Technologies (2)
- Faculty (2)
- Outcomes Assessment (2)
- Support for Teaching and Learning (2)
- Information Technology Management and Leadership (5)
Recent and Upcoming Events
- EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, September 29- October 2, 2014. Explore Learning Space sessions at the 2014 Annual Conference in Orlando.
- ELI Online Fall Focus Sessions - On October 28 and 29, ELI will host its 2014 Fall Focus Session, "Re-Imagining Learning Spaces: Design, Technology, and Assessment" inside an Adobe Connect learning environment.
Articles and Papers
- The Evolving Classroom: Creating Experiential Learning Spaces, EDUCAUSE Review Online, October 2014.
- Considering Classroom Seating for Students and Faculty in the 21st Century, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, March 2014.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- Strategies for Designing and Constructing Collaborative Spaces at the McIntire School of Commerce
September 24, 2009
A session at the ELI 2009 Online Fall Focus Session
The McIntire School of Commerce at the University of Virginia recently completed a $70.5 million renovation and construction project. The 156,000-square-foot project included classrooms, group st…
- Building, Renovating, and Maintaining Technology-Enabled Classrooms
November 5, 2009
A session at the EDUCAUSE 2009 Annual Conference
How does an educational institution prioritize where to provide educational technology when there are over 320 classrooms located in some 50 buildings? When should that technology be refreshed? Whe…
- Innovative Technology-Enhanced Learning Spaces: A Mixed-Methods Investigation
March 24, 2009
A session at the EDUCAUSE Midwest Regional Conference 2009
Recent scholarship on learning spaces reflects a growing consensus that learning is significantly affected by the environment in which it occurs. While interest in innovative technology-enhanced le…
- Laying the Foundation for Innovative, Flexible, and Consistent Classroom Technology
October 31, 2008
A session at the EDUCAUSE 2008 Annual Conference
Carnegie Mellon University has just completed an intense analysis and implementation of new, standardized technologies in all of the university's general classrooms. This presentation will dis…
- Collaboratively Transforming an Abandoned Swimming Pool into an Experimental, Interactive Classroom
June 2, 2008
A session at the EDUCAUSE Southeast Regional Conference 2008
We will discuss the academic and IT perspectives on a collaborative project to transform an abandoned swimming pool into a "sandbox classroom," where faculty and students are encouraged t…
- Space Defines Destiny: Assessment of a Learning Studio
April 1, 2008
A session at the EDUCAUSE Western Regional Conference 2008
This session will present the planning, use, and assessment of our first flexible technology-enhanced classroom or learning "studio"—an immediately useful yet also provocative and exper…
- Space Defines Destiny: Assessment of a Learning Studio
February 21, 2008
A session at the EDUCAUSE Southwest Regional Conference 2008
We will present the planning, use, and assessment of our first flexible technology-enhanced classroom, or "learning studio": a space that was immediately useful but also provocative and e…
- Learning Studios: Engaging Millennial Students in a New Classroom Environment (Research-based)
January 29, 2008
A session at the ELI Annual Meeting 2008
Today's millennial Hispanics are part of a generational wave of young students likely to be more disengaged in traditional learning environments. Discover how a new generation of learning clas…
- Technology-Enhanced Classrooms: Central Versus Distributed Support
June 7, 2005
A session at the EDUCAUSE Southeast Regional Conference 2005
Technology-enhanced classrooms are the heart of the 21st-century learning environment. Managing and supporting the infrastructure embedded in those environments is paramount to a successful learnin…