Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Publications
Filter by Presentations
Recent and Upcoming Events
- EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, September 29- October 2, 2014. Explore Learning Space sessions at the 2014 Annual Conference in Orlando.
- ELI Online Fall Focus Sessions - On October 28 and 29, ELI will host its 2014 Fall Focus Session, "Re-Imagining Learning Spaces: Design, Technology, and Assessment" inside an Adobe Connect learning environment.
Articles and Papers
- The Evolving Classroom: Creating Experiential Learning Spaces, EDUCAUSE Review Online, October 2014.
- Considering Classroom Seating for Students and Faculty in the 21st Century, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, March 2014.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- The State of Federal Privacy and Data Security Law: Lagging Behind the Times?
August 6, 2012
On July 31, 2012, the Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs held a hearing entitled, “The State of Federal Privacy and Data Security Law: Lagging Behind the Times?” …
- What Might the For-Profit Sector's Problems Mean for All of Higher Ed?
August 3, 2012
Earlier this week, the chair of the Senate Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions (HELP) Committee, Senator Tom Harkin, held a press conference to announce the release of the committee’s report…
- Making Web Accessibility Work for Your Institution Is Everyone's Business
May 31, 2012
Making sure that all students, faculties, and staffs have access to web content is critical in education today. When those individuals have disabilities, access may well depend on what it is th…
- Comments on the Department of Education Distance Learning Financial Fraud Rulemaking (5/29/12)
May 29, 2012
Letter to Wendy Macias, U.S. Department of Education, in response to their published intent to pursue negotiated rule-making in relation to the Federal Student Aid Programs authorized by the High…
- PIPA and SOPA Chronology: How We Got Where We Are Today (1/23/12)
January 23, 2012
Two bills introduced in 2011, the Senate’s Protect IP Act (PIPA) and the House’s Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA), would have direct and potentially negative implications for our campus communit…
- Rethinking Higher Education Business Models
March 29, 2012
Stemming from a January convening of CIOs, other higher education thought leaders, and business process experts co-hosted by the Center for American Progress (CAP) and EDUCAUSE, the organiza…
- That Was The Year That Was, 2011
January 9, 2012
So, what did the EDUCAUSE Policy group in Washington do in 2011? In general, we did what we've always done: worked closely with our campus constituents to understand and provide assistance…
- Letter on the SOPA Managers Amendment (12/13/11)
December 13, 2011
Letter on behalf of EDUCAUSE, the Association of American Universities (AAU), the Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU), and the American Council on Education (ACE) to Chairma…
- Proposed SOPA Fixes from the Higher Education & Library Communities (11/29/2011)
November 29, 2011
This "Proposed SOPA Fixes" document follows on the earlier EDUCAUSE document which identified four key areas of concern in the "Stop Online Piracy Act" or "SOPA" (H…
- Sen. Bill Would Make State Data Systems, Not IPEDs, Focus of Student Data Reporting
February 24, 2012
Earlier this month, U. S. Senator Ron Wyden (D-OR) introduced the “Student Right to Know Before You Go” Act (Senate Bill 2098) , which proposes to give students, their families, and th…