Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Publications
Filter by Presentations
5 Tips for Active Learning Space Design - Chris Kobza is managing director for learning spaces at the University of Oklahoma.
Articles and Papers
- Emerging Technologies to Enhance Teaching and Enable Active Learning, EDUCAUSE Review Online, August 2015.
- The Evolving Classroom: Creating Experiential Learning Spaces, EDUCAUSE Review Online, October 2014.
- Considering Classroom Seating for Students and Faculty in the 21st Century, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, March 2014.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- Leading Large IT Projects the Small-College Way
May 8, 2013
Smaller colleges and universities function in distinctive environments with unique challenges and opportunities. From campus-wide mobile technology to ERP implementations, smaller instituti…
- Improving Student Graduation Rates Using Data Insights and Predictive Modeling
December 16, 2014
A session at the EDUCAUSE LIVE! - Improving Student Graduation Rates Using Data Insights and Predictive Modeling
This session is a continuation of the conversation started at the EDUCAUSE Annual Conference in Orlando on innovative initiatives to improve student retention. As part of an overall plan to improve…
- HathiTrust: The Collection and Its Uses
May 6, 2013
John Wilkin and Sigrid Anderson Cordell provide an overview of HathiTrust and will discuss some uses of the materials in the repository. HathiTrust is the world's largest research libr…
- Massive and Open: A Flipped Webinar about What We Are Learning
December 4, 2014
A session at the EDUCAUSE LIVE! - Massive and Open: A Flipped Webinar about What We Are Learning
In 2012, MOOCs burst into public consciousness with course rosters large enough to fill a stadium and grand promises that they would disrupt higher education. Two years later, after some disappoi…
- Higher Education in the Ultra-Connected Age
April 25, 2013
New forms of scholarship, new educational pathways , and new interconnections and dependencies characterize the digitally rich landscape of higher education today. We are living and workin…
- Learning With and From Others: Designing Massive Experiences for Studying Peer Networks for Learning and Knowledge-building
November 18, 2014
A session at the EDUCAUSE LIVE! - Learning With and From Others
Research documents that relatively few people can learn on their own from generic curricular materials, absent instructional customization and social support. This outcome is independent of mediu…
- Changing the Culture of an IT Organization, Whirlwind Style
April 11, 2013
Yale’s IT organization is in transformation mode. The journey over the past 18 months has covered everything: a major reorganization; a top-to-bottom and side-to-side implementation of ITI L…
- Finding the Public Domain: 19 Institutions Making an Impact
November 5, 2014
A session at the EDUCAUSE LIVE! - Finding the Public Domain
Working together through the IMLS-grant funded Copyright Review Management System (CRMS), nineteen libraries collaborate daily in identifying public domain volumes held in the HathiTrust Digital Li…
- Inclusive Teaching and Learning Practices: Applications of Universal Design
April 1, 2013
Most postsecondary faculty and administrators desire to make teaching and learning opportunities engaging for all students, but many do not feel fully prepared to ensure that their offerings are …
- The Horizon Report in Action: Emerging Technologies Today and Tomorrow
March 27, 2013
Wondering what’s new in mobiles, electronic books, learning analytics , and other emerging technology areas? Join Malcolm Brown and Veronica Diaz of the EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative as t…