Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Publications
Filter by Presentations
Filter by Library Taxonomy
- Computing Facilities [x]
- Learning Space [x]
- Information Technology Management and Leadership (77)
- Learning Environments (77)
- Teaching and Learning (77)
- Technology-enhanced Classrooms (45)
- Instructional Computing Facilities (26)
- Learning (22)
- Computing Labs (20)
- Electronic Classrooms (20)
- Collaborative Learning (10)
- Instructional Technologies (10)
- Student Engagement and Interaction (9)
- Assessment and Evaluation (7)
- Active Learning (6)
- Distributed Computing (6)
- Mobile Computing (6)
- Support Services (6)
- Collaboration (5)
- Instructional Design (5)
Articles and Papers
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Environments: Where Space, Technology, and Culture Converge, ELI White Paper, October 2009.
- A Case Study in Master Planning the Learning Landscape Hub Concepts for the University of Buffalo, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Best Practices in Learning Space Design: Engaging Users, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Spaces: A Tutorial, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Created with flickr slideshow.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- The Space Is the Message: First Assessment of a Learning Studio
May 5, 2008
© 2008 Jim S. C. Tom, Kenneth Voss, and Christopher Scheetz. The text of this article is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 license ( http://c…
- Space Defines Destiny: Assessment of a Learning Studio
April 1, 2008
A session at the EDUCAUSE Western Regional Conference 2008
This session will present the planning, use, and assessment of our first flexible technology-enhanced classroom or learning "studio"—an immediately useful yet also provocative and exper…
- Developing and Assessing a Collaborative, Computer-Centric Learning Space
March 11, 2008
A session at the NERCOMP Annual Conference 2008
In evaluating student computing, Computing Services discovered that many students found campus computer labs inadequate for collaborative work. This presentation will cover the redefinition of one …
- Space Defines Destiny: Assessment of a Learning Studio
February 21, 2008
A session at the EDUCAUSE Southwest Regional Conference 2008
We will present the planning, use, and assessment of our first flexible technology-enhanced classroom, or "learning studio": a space that was immediately useful but also provocative and e…
- Learning Studios: Engaging Millennial Students in a New Classroom Environment (Research-based)
January 29, 2008
A session at the ELI Annual Meeting 2008
Today's millennial Hispanics are part of a generational wave of young students likely to be more disengaged in traditional learning environments. Discover how a new generation of learning clas…
- Scaling Up Small Group Learning Spaces: Designing a Technology-Enabled, Team-Based Learning Classroom
October 24, 2007
A session at the EDUCAUSE 2007 Annual Conference
Our Team Learning Classroom was designed to support a variety of teaching approaches, including team-based learning. This presentation will review the design challenges, methods, and support models…
- Campus Learning Spaces: Two Innovation Design Approaches
May 7, 2007
A session at the EDUCAUSE Western Regional Conference 2007
As educators emphasize learning over teaching, campus facilities are redesigned and repurposed. At California Polytechnic State University, a learn-by-doing educational philosophy supports student …
- EDUCAUSE2006 Podcast: Development of Temple's TECH Center
March 24, 2007
In this 46-minute recording from the 2006 EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, we'll hear from Gerald Hinkle, Timothy O'Rourke, and Sheri Stahler in a session entitled From Labs to Collabora…
- Are Computer Labs Becoming Passé?
March 13, 2007
A session at the EDUCAUSE Midwest Regional Conference 2007
Now that the majority of students have their own computers, it is time to ask whether these facilities and expenditures are still appropriate, especially when planning new construction. This sessio…
- Creating New Spaces for Learning in Community
January 23, 2007
A session at the ELI Annual Meeting 2007
Spaces are critical for effective learning since they form the context in which pedagogical, curricular, and cocurricular activities occur. Using examples from the University of Dayton, this sessio…