Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Publications
Filter by Presentations
Filter by Library Taxonomy
- Teaching and Learning [x]
- Learning Space [x]
- Learning Environments (46)
- Instructional Technologies (7)
- Assessment and Evaluation (6)
- Collaborative Learning (6)
- Student Engagement and Interaction (6)
- Active Learning (5)
- Organizational Issues, Teaching and Learning (5)
- Instructional Design (4)
- Teaching and Learning Strategic Planning (4)
- Faculty (3)
- Technology-enhanced Classrooms [x]
- Computing Facilities (45)
- Information Technology Management and Leadership (45)
- Electronic Classrooms (20)
- Instructional Computing Facilities (16)
- 27796 (14)
- 18363 (5)
Articles and Papers
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Environments: Where Space, Technology, and Culture Converge, ELI White Paper, October 2009.
- A Case Study in Master Planning the Learning Landscape Hub Concepts for the University of Buffalo, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Best Practices in Learning Space Design: Engaging Users, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Spaces: A Tutorial, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Created with flickr slideshow.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- Space Defines Destiny: Assessment of a Learning Studio
February 21, 2008
A session at the EDUCAUSE Southwest Regional Conference 2008
We will present the planning, use, and assessment of our first flexible technology-enhanced classroom, or "learning studio": a space that was immediately useful but also provocative and e…
- Learning Studios: Engaging Millennial Students in a New Classroom Environment (Research-based)
January 29, 2008
A session at the ELI Annual Meeting 2008
Today's millennial Hispanics are part of a generational wave of young students likely to be more disengaged in traditional learning environments. Discover how a new generation of learning clas…
- Scaling Up Small Group Learning Spaces: Designing a Technology-Enabled, Team-Based Learning Classroom
October 24, 2007
A session at the EDUCAUSE 2007 Annual Conference
Our Team Learning Classroom was designed to support a variety of teaching approaches, including team-based learning. This presentation will review the design challenges, methods, and support models…
- Technology-Enhanced Classrooms: Central Versus Distributed Support
June 7, 2005
A session at the EDUCAUSE Southeast Regional Conference 2005
Technology-enhanced classrooms are the heart of the 21st-century learning environment. Managing and supporting the infrastructure embedded in those environments is paramount to a successful learnin…
- AMX Corporation, An EDUCAUSE Bronze Partner - Promoting Student Engagement Through Classroom Technologies
March 22, 2005
A session at the EDUCAUSE Midwest Regional Conference 2005
Classroom design and technologies are critical for fostering student engagement and collaboration. This presentation will discuss the University of Minnesota's experiences in building an infra…
- Managing Multimedia Classrooms in the Real World
February 17, 2005
A session at the EDUCAUSE Southwest Regional Conference 2005
Learn how Washington University, a midsized private university, develops and manages its 65+ full multimedia classrooms with a small budget and staff. See how we service and respond to our faculty …
- Managing Classroom Technology Renovations
January 25, 2005
A session at the NLII Annual Conference 2005
The University of Pittsburgh is committed to providing a classroom environment that enhances the teaching and learning experience. To that end, the University builds state-of-the-practice technolog…