Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Publications
Filter by Presentations
Recent and Upcoming Events
- EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, September 29- October 2, 2014. Explore Learning Space sessions at the 2014 Annual Conference in Orlando.
- ELI Online Fall Focus Sessions - On October 28 and 29, ELI will host its 2014 Fall Focus Session, "Re-Imagining Learning Spaces: Design, Technology, and Assessment" inside an Adobe Connect learning environment.
Articles and Papers
- The Evolving Classroom: Creating Experiential Learning Spaces, EDUCAUSE Review Online, October 2014.
- Considering Classroom Seating for Students and Faculty in the 21st Century, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, March 2014.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- EDUCAUSE Letter on the Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) (November 21, 2011)
November 21, 2011
EDUCAUSE letter sent to Chairman Lamar Smith and Ranking Member John Conyers offering a perspective from higher education on the Stop Online Piracy Act, H.R. 3261 (SOPA). The letter states that,…
- Higher Education Concerns About the Stop Online Piracy Act ("SOPA"), with Initial Suggestions for Addressing Them (11/15/11)
November 15, 2011
SOPA (H.R. 3261) introduces sweeping new risks for and imposes new responsibilities on mainstream websites offering legitimate online services, including those hosted by colleges and universitie…
- DQC National Data Summit 2012
January 20, 2012
On Wednesday, the Data Quality Campaign (DQC), a collaborative program to advance the use of data to improve educational outcomes that is supported by over 50 organizations nationwide, hoste…
- SHLB Coalition Comments in the USF-ICC Transformation Proceeding (8/24/11)
August 24, 2011
Comments from the Schools, Health and Libraries Broadband (SHLB) Coalition ( www.shlb.org ) in response to the Federal Communication Commission's "Further Inquiry Into Certain Issues…
- Guide to Cloud Computing for Policymakers
July 26, 2011
This SIIA white paper provides a roadmap for fostering the development of the cloud and harnessing its full economic potential. This SIIA w…
- OPEN: Alternative to SOPA/PIPA Released
December 8, 2011
Today, Sen. Wyden (D-OR) and Rep. Issa (R-CA) released their alternative to SOPA ( H.R. 3261 ) and PROTECT IP (PIPA)( S. 968 ). The Online Protection and Enforcement of Digital Trade (OP…
- Alternative Online Piracy Legislative Proposal Released
December 2, 2011
A discussion draft proposal has just been released by a bipartisan group of legislators to serve as an alternative approach to SOPA, the House bill and PROTECT IP (PIPA), the Senate bill, in…
- EDUCAUSE Submits Proposed Targeted Fixes to SOPA
December 1, 2011
Over the past few weeks, EDUCAUSE, together with members of the EDUCAUSE Government Relations for Information Technology (GRIT), has met with the staff leadership of the House Judiciary Comm…
- How PIPA Would Affect Colleges and Universities (July 5, 2011)
July 5, 2011
This EDUCAUSE Policy Analysis and Advocacy Program Policy Brief focuses on S. 968, Preventing Real Online Threats to Economic Creativity and Theft of Intellectual Property Act (S. 968), also…
- FCC Broadband Meeting (11/30/11)
November 28, 2011
The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) - Meeting Wednesday, November 30, 2011 10:30 am ET The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) holds an open meeting to consider a report …