Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Publications
Filter by Presentations
Filter by Library Taxonomy
- Teaching and Learning [x]
- Learning Space [x]
- Learning Environments (67)
- Collaborative Learning (27)
- Assessment and Evaluation (25)
- Instructional Design (19)
- Active Learning (16)
- Instructional Technologies (16)
- Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) (16)
- Student Engagement and Interaction (15)
- Teaching and Learning Strategic Planning (13)
- Infrastructure and Emerging Technologies (71)
- Information Technology Management and Leadership (68)
- Libraries and Technology (40)
- EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, September 29- October 2, 2014. Explore Learning Space sessions at the 2014 Annual Conference in Orlando.
- ELI Online Fall Focus Sessions - On October 28 and 29, ELI will host its 2014 Fall Focus Session, "Re-Imagining Learning Spaces: Design, Technology, and Assessment" inside an Adobe Connect learning environment.
Articles and Papers
- Considering Classroom Seating for Students and Faculty in the 21st Century, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, March 2014.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- Transforming Teaching in High-Tech, Collaborative Learning Environments with Critical Reflection
September 22, 2010
Key Takeaways Teaching in high-tech learning environments that center on collaboration and team-based learning often requires a complete course redesign and great deal of faculty time. …
- EDUCAUSE Quarterly Magazine, Volume 33, Number 3, 2010
September 22, 2010
Reflections on Play, Pedagogy, and World of Wa…
- On the Cutting Edge: Innovative Services That Blend Technology with Purpose
February 13, 2013
A session at the West/Southwest Regional Conference
Join this lively session for a look at three exciting and innovative services being offered to meet new challenges on our campuses including data management, the need to rethink and repurpose physi…
- New ELI 7 Things ... Brief Explores the Modern Learning Commons
April 14, 2011
The learning commons, sometimes called an â€œinformation commons,â€ has evolved from a combination library and computer lab into a full-service learning, research, and project spac…
- The Future of Learning Environments
July 22, 2010
In this 8-minute video, EDUCAUSE Now showcases innovative learning environments that facilitate interactivity, encourage collaboration, and bend our expectations of time and space. The video hig…
- Project Oasis
August 23, 2010
The Project Oasis program was created to provide students with places to interact, study, and gather between classes and during extended breaks. Since 2003, the program has transformed more than …
- University of Michigan Community Learning Centers & Sites
August 23, 2010
This university of Michigan web site provides a list of "community commons" in each residence hall. These comfortable spaces are reserved primarily for student study and are conducive t…
- Approach to Deploying Virtualized Computing in Learning Environments
March 12, 2013
A session at the NERCOMP Annual Conference
As Quinnipiac University has deployed virtualized computing in learning spaces and administrative offices, a number of organizational changes have facilitated this paradigm shift. In this session, …
- FLEXspace: Flexible Learning Environments eXchange
February 6, 2013
A session at the EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative Annual Meeting
FLEXspace is a robust, interactive OER database designed to share and evaluate learning spaces. Originated as a SUNY Innovative Instruction Space Repository proof-of-concept project with ARTstor,…
- What Happened to the Computer Lab?
February 3, 2010
Over 80 percent of respondents to the annual ECAR study of undergraduate students report owning laptops, yet usage of expensive public computer labs remains high. Although computer labs might sti…