Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by Presentations
5 Tips for Active Learning Space Design - Chris Kobza is managing director for learning spaces at the University of Oklahoma.
- EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, September 29- October 2, 2014. Explore Learning Space sessions at the 2014 Annual Conference in Orlando.
- ELI Online Fall Focus Sessions - On October 28 and 29, ELI hosted its 2014 Fall Focus Session, "Re-Imagining Learning Spaces: Design, Technology, and Assessment" inside an Adobe Connect learning environment.
Articles and Papers
- The Evolving Classroom: Creating Experiential Learning Spaces, EDUCAUSE Review Online, October 2014.
- Considering Classroom Seating for Students and Faculty in the 21st Century, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, March 2014.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- Security Task Force Strategic Plan 2006-2007 : Making Progress on Data Protection, Risk Assessment, Incident Response and Business Continuity
June 20, 2007
This 2006-2007 strategic plan is intended to identify a few key priorities for the next year that will guide and direct the activities of the EDUCAUSE/Internet2 Security Task Force. …
- Guidelines for Responding to Compulsory Legal Requests for Information
May 11, 2007
Law enforcement requests for electronic records generally should be handled in the same way as other legal requests for other documents and by the same people. This is a guideline on how to handl…
- Practical Information Media Sanitization Guidelines for Higher Education
October 6, 2006
When these storage and media devices become obsolete or are no longer needed the sensitive or private data must be effectively removed from the storage media or be destroyed before the devices ar…
- Confidential Data Handling Blueprint
June 11, 2007
The Confidential Data Handling Toolkit provides a consolidation of resources that are anchored to the overarching themes related to information protection secure data handling. …
- Georgia State University System Security Plan
January 1, 2006
This plan is a sanitized version of the Georgia State University System Security Plan. Specific information on technical controls deployed at GSU is omitted. Information about information security …
- Yale University Data Breach Containment Procedure
January 1, 2006
Disclosure Notification Flow Chart for the Yale University Data Breach Containment Procedure. Disclosure Notification Flow Chart for the Yale Universit…
- Design Guidelines: Learning Environments
January 1, 2006
The University of Cincinnati's guidelines on constructing learning environments. The University of Cincinnati's guidelines on constructing le…
- Classroom & Technology Design & Construction Minimum Requirements
May 26, 2011
Pennsylvania State University's Classroom & Technology Design & Construction requirements. Includes an archive from 2005 to present. …
- Classroom Standards
January 1, 2004
Construction guidelines for classrooms at North Carolina State University. Construction guidelines for classrooms at North Carolina State Univers…
- Strategic Planning for Faculty Development
January 1, 2005
Strategic Planning for Faculty Development for Duke University's Nicholas School. Strategic Planning for Faculty Development for Duke University…