Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Publications
Filter by Presentations
Recent and Upcoming Events
- EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, September 29- October 2, 2014. Explore Learning Space sessions at the 2014 Annual Conference in Orlando.
- ELI Online Fall Focus Sessions - On October 28 and 29, ELI will host its 2014 Fall Focus Session, "Re-Imagining Learning Spaces: Design, Technology, and Assessment" inside an Adobe Connect learning environment.
Articles and Papers
- The Evolving Classroom: Creating Experiential Learning Spaces, EDUCAUSE Review Online, October 2014.
- Considering Classroom Seating for Students and Faculty in the 21st Century, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, March 2014.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- President Signs Patent Reform Law
September 16, 2011
Today, September 16, 2011, President Obama signed the America Invents Act , the first major revision of the patent system in almost 60 years. The legislation had strong support from man…
- OMB Signs Off On FCC Net Neutrality Rules
September 13, 2011
On September 12, 2011, the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) signed off on the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Open Internet Order (aka Net Neutrality) following their review of …
- Whatâ€™s on Washingtonâ€™s Technology Agenda?
September 9, 2011
Congress and other Washington policy makers have returned to work after the August recess where they face a number of technology policy issues. The Center for Democracy and Technology has publ…
- Congress Approves Historic Patent Legislation
September 9, 2011
The Senate approved the first major overhaul of the United States patent system in nearly 60 years, voting 89-9 on Thursday, September 8th to send the America Invents Act of 2011 to the Pres…
- State Approval Regulations for Distance Education: A â€˜Starterâ€™ List
January 27, 2011
On October 29, 2010, the U.S. Department of Education (USDOE) released several new regulations, including the expectation that: "Under the Higher Education Act, for an institution in…
- Policy Focus at EDUCAUSE 2011
August 22, 2011
Do you work with policy on your campus, or deal with issues that are affected by policy? Do you want to know the latest federal and state legislation that could impact your institution? …
- Institutions Likely to Opt Out of Online Learning in Some States
August 18, 2011
According to Inside Higher Education , survey results show that the U.S. Department of Education’s recently overturned regulations on state authorization for distance learning would lea…
- EDUCAUSE Now - #42 - 1) Policy Issues: Accessibility and Sharing of Student Data 2) IT as a Game Changer
August 11, 2011
This month on EDUCAUSE Now : EDUCAUSE Vice-President for Policy and Analysis, Greg Jackson shares his thoughts on two hot topics in higher ed IT policy: accesibility and sharing of stud…
- Student Privacy (FERPA)
January 20, 2011
FERPA information concering distance education for North Carolina State University's DELTA program. FERPA information concering distance ed…
- Postsecondary Accessible Instructional Materials Public Teleconf. - Aug. 12
July 29, 2011
The Postsecondary AIM Commission filed a public meeting notice this morning announcing an Aug. 12 (11:00 AM – 5:00 PM, EDT) teleconference ( http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/search/pagedetails.action…