Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by Presentations
- EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, September 29- October 2, 2014. Explore Learning Space sessions at the 2014 Annual Conference in Orlando.
- ELI Online Fall Focus Sessions - On October 28 and 29, ELI will host its 2014 Fall Focus Session, "Re-Imagining Learning Spaces: Design, Technology, and Assessment" inside an Adobe Connect learning environment.
Articles and Papers
- Considering Classroom Seating for Students and Faculty in the 21st Century, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, March 2014.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- Faculty Professional Development for Academic Technology in the CSU
January 1, 2005
California State University plan for Faculty Professional Development and Academic Technology. California State University plan for Faculty Professiona…
- Faculty Development Committee Strategic Plan
January 1, 2005
Strategic Plan for the Faculty Development Committee for California Community Colleges. Strategic Plan for the Faculty Development Committee for Califo…
- Miami University Information Technology Tactical Plan
March 29, 2009
This is the Information Technology Tactical Plan for Miami University. This project was Miami University's resulted in the approval of Miami's first IT strategic plan. The project invol…
- Technology Standards
January 1, 2004
Telecommunication and other inInfrastructure Standards for California State University. Telecommunication and other inInfrastructure Standards for Cali…
- Strategic Planning
December 15, 2008
Mt. Hood Community College's Information Technology Strategic Planning page. Includes 2009-2012 strategic plan, planning council, goals and priorities. …
- Illinois State University Campus Technology Strategtic Plan, Policy and Planning Council
July 1, 2011
Strategic technology planning and policy documents for Illinois State University. Includes the IT Strategic Plan 2011-2013. Strategic technology …
- Information Resources and Technology Strategic Plan 2006/07
December 28, 2005
The California State University, San Bernardino's Information Resources and Technology Strategic Plan for the years 2006 to 2007. The Califo…
- Queensborough Community College Technology Plan, 2011-2015
November 16, 2011
This the Queensborough Community College Technology Plan, 2011-2015 This the Queensborough Community College Technology Plan, 2011-2015 …
- Information Services Strategic Priorities 2007-2008
January 4, 2007
The University of Nebraska-Lincoln's IS Strategic Priorities 2007-2008. The University of Nebraska-Lincoln's IS Strategic Priorities 20…
- Information Technology Services 2007-2012 Strategic Planning Framework
January 1, 2007
Information Technology Services 2007-2012 Strategic Planning Framework - Case Western Reserve University. Information Technology Services 2007-20…