Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
- Podcasts (1182)
- Blogs (1063)
- Agreements or Contracts (14)
- Articles, Briefs, Papers, and Reports (6538)
- Bibliography (10)
- Blogs and Wikis (62)
- Books and Monographs (95)
- Certification, Education, Training and Tutorials (42)
- Effective Practices (62)
- Government Documents, Laws, Testimonies or Reports (112)
- Interactive Graphic and Infographics (15)
- Letters (23)
- Plans and Guidelines (99)
- Policies and Procedures (410)
- Presentations and Seminars (8946)
- Programs and Projects (49)
- RFPs (13)
- Surveys (74)
- Tools (45)
- Vendors (5)
- Videos (73)
- Web Sites (48)
Filter by Publications
Filter by Presentations
- EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, September 29- October 2, 2014. Explore Learning Space sessions at the 2014 Annual Conference in Orlando.
- ELI Online Fall Focus Sessions - On October 28 and 29, ELI will host its 2014 Fall Focus Session, "Re-Imagining Learning Spaces: Design, Technology, and Assessment" inside an Adobe Connect learning environment.
Articles and Papers
- Considering Classroom Seating for Students and Faculty in the 21st Century, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, March 2014.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- Big Data
Big Data True What is “big data”? Who’s doing it? W…
- 7 Things You Should Read About Gamification/Game Principles in Instruction
July 1, 2014
Gamification or the application of game principles in instruction refers to the integration of organizational principles and reward structures of games and play to motivate learning in formal…
- Browsing the Web More Securely and More Privately With Firefox On Your Mac
April 28, 2014
This document is meant to help moderately technical users who are security- and privacy-focused make progress toward achieving online security and privacy goals when using an Apple Mac with the M…
Clickers True Articles, Briefs and Reports GoSoapBox…
- Digital Preservation Policy Framework: A Case Study
July 28, 2014
Key Takeaways The Ohio State University Libraries created an organizational policy for digital preservation , shared here to address the policy development process and its impor…
- The Continuum of Student IT Use in Campus Spaces: A Qualitative Study
August 11, 2014
Key Takeaways Adding to the scant existing research into how students actually use IT on campus, this study yielded a robust data set that included 183 hours of observati…
- 2014 Student and Faculty Technology Research Studies
August 18, 2014
EDUCAUSE Technology Research in the Academic Community This research can catalyze conversations among IT professionals about how to better serve their constituents; among institutional leaders…
- What will be the next wave of classroom technology?
July 14, 2014
By Jonathan Blake Huer, Director of Emerging Technologies, Ball State University At orientation this past week, I was talking with an incoming freshman and her family about an app we’r…
- The Space Between—and the Secret of Scale
July 14, 2014
Understanding how best to scale information technology is a challenge facing all segments of higher education, but perhaps the campus area most critically affected is administrative/enterprise …
E-Learning True Online learning environments—on campus …