Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Publications
Filter by Presentations
Recent and Upcoming Events
- EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, September 29- October 2, 2014. Explore Learning Space sessions at the 2014 Annual Conference in Orlando.
- ELI Online Fall Focus Sessions - On October 28 and 29, ELI will host its 2014 Fall Focus Session, "Re-Imagining Learning Spaces: Design, Technology, and Assessment" inside an Adobe Connect learning environment.
Articles and Papers
- The Evolving Classroom: Creating Experiential Learning Spaces, EDUCAUSE Review Online, October 2014.
- Considering Classroom Seating for Students and Faculty in the 21st Century, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, March 2014.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- Postsecondary Accessible Instructional Materials Public Teleconf. - Aug. 12
July 29, 2011
The Postsecondary AIM Commission filed a public meeting notice this morning announcing an Aug. 12 (11:00 AM – 5:00 PM, EDT) teleconference ( http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/search/pagedetails.action…
- July 26: Cybersecurity: An Overview of Risks to Critical Infrastructure
July 25, 2011
July 26, 2011 - 11 a.m. Critical Cyber Infrastructure Risks House Energy and Commerce Committee Hearing Oversight and Investigations Subcommittee hearing on "Cybersecurity: An O…
- Streaming Legislation
July 21, 2011
Earlier this spring, Victoria Espinel, the U.S Intellectual Property Enforcement Coordinator, produced a “ White Paper ” (see May 11 th blog ) that detailed a number of intellectual …
- Draft Recommendations, Postsecondary Accessible Instructional Materials Commission
July 15, 2011
The federal Postsecondary Accessible Instructional Materials (AIM) Commission met earlier this week to discuss the commission’s first full draft of its potential recommendations to Congr…
- Technical Experts Discuss Dangers of 'Collateral Damage' from Protect IP Act (PIPA)
July 15, 2011
A press briefing on the Protect IP Act (PIPA) was held yesterday in the EDUCAUSE Washington office. A number of articles appeared in the press based on this briefing by Internet engineers.…
- State Authorization Regulations Overturned
July 13, 2011
As reported by a number of outlets (see today’s Inside Higher Education article for example), a federal district court overturned the U.S. Department of Education’s (ED’s) recently…
- U.S. Senate bill introduced on state authorization repeal
July 11, 2011
In a previous post , I noted the introduction of a bill in the U.S. House of Representatives to repeal recently implemented U.S. Department of Education (ED) regulations establishing a federa…
- Preventing Real Online Threats to Economic Creativity and Theft of Intellectual Property Act (PIPA)
July 8, 2011
In a continuing effort to keep our members apprised of implications of this legislation (see previous posts on May 25, 2011), the EDUCAUSE Policy Analysis and Advocacy Program has released a…
- Helpful Analysis of State Authorization Issue
July 7, 2011
The Chronicle of Higher Education published a thoughtful article on the state authorization issue just before the 4th of July weekend; in case you missed it, the article is available at ht…
- A Response to "State Authorization Will Not Cause the Sky to Fall"
July 1, 2011
A guest post yesterday to the New America Foundation's Higher Ed Watch blog took non-profit colleges and universities severely to task for opposing the U.S. Department of Education…