Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Publications
Filter by Presentations
5 Tips for Active Learning Space Design - Chris Kobza is managing director for learning spaces at the University of Oklahoma.
Articles and Papers
- Emerging Technologies to Enhance Teaching and Enable Active Learning, EDUCAUSE Review Online, August 2015.
- The Evolving Classroom: Creating Experiential Learning Spaces, EDUCAUSE Review Online, October 2014.
- Considering Classroom Seating for Students and Faculty in the 21st Century, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, March 2014.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- Digital Badges and Meaningful Microcredentials
October 15, 2012
We will explore how informal and nontraditional learning environments are impacting how we think about education. In particular, we'll discuss peer-to-peer learning trends and unpack the nee…
- The Learning Space Rating System
January 15, 2014
A session at the EDUCAUSE LIVE! - The Learning Space Rating System
The Learning Space Rating System (LSRS) provides institutions with a measure of how their classrooms and support operations encourage active learning. This project has created a set of measurable…
- Security Awareness and Communication in the C-Suite
October 4, 2012
Drawing on more than 30 years of global experience, Dave Cullinane will share challenges that CISOs face while in the C-suite. This session will focus on how to advance executive understanding …
- Flip the Classroom and Catalyze the Learning
September 24, 2012
September 27, 2012, 1:00 - 2:00 p.m. ET (UTC-4); convert to your time zone Thanks to the availability of web-based lectures and information sources, the "flipped classroom&q…
- What You Need to Know about Today's Higher Education IT Workforce
December 17, 2013
A session at the EDUCAUSE LIVE! - What You Need to Know about Today's Higher Education IT Workforce
Today's challenging economic climate has led some to speculate that there are concomitant changes in the higher education IT workforce-more outsourcing, lower staff morale, and steeper compe…
- From Insight to Action: Translating Student Voice into Education Transformation
September 12, 2012
Most conversations about education reflect the perspective and agenda of the institutions that provide educational services rather than the needs of the students they serve. Yet as higher educati…
- The Six Dimensions of Next-Generation Learning
September 10, 2012
Can you imagine an education landscape that activates, for each and every learner, a clear and well-supported pathway to success in college, career, and civic life? Next Generation Learning Chall…
- Coordinated Autonomy: Central ERP in the Decentralized Institution
August 21, 2012
The challenges of higher education ERP are daunting: consensus decision making, varied stakeholders, and unique requirements that stretch vendor solutions to the limit. Harvard and Johns Hopk…
- Learning Analytics and the Learning Sciences
August 13, 2012
This webinar will explore connections between the emerging field of learning analytics and the contemporary learning sciences , specifically, the fields of cognitive developmental psychology…
- Education Innovation Clusters: Accelerating Innovation through Interdisciplinary Partnerships
August 8, 2012
At a time when advances in technology and digital media hold the potential to dramatically reshape the way we approach instruction, assessment, and research, many barriers still continue to slow …