Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Publications
Filter by Presentations
Filter by Library Taxonomy
- Information Technology Management and Leadership (3013)
- Teaching and Learning (2110)
- Policy and Law (1100)
- Federal Policy and Law (951)
- Networking and Emerging Technologies (921)
- Libraries and Technology (862)
- Information Systems and Services (846)
- Institutional Management (726)
- E-Learning (680)
- Instructional Technologies (589)
- Cybersecurity (537)
- Planning (512)
- Security Management (433)
- Intellectual Property (429)
- Digital Content (418)
- Staffing (412)
- Learning (384)
- Teaching (329)
- Support Services (305)
- Copyright (303)
Articles and Papers
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Environments: Where Space, Technology, and Culture Converge, ELI White Paper, October 2009.
- A Case Study in Master Planning the Learning Landscape Hub Concepts for the University of Buffalo, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Best Practices in Learning Space Design: Engaging Users, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
- Learning Spaces: A Tutorial, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Created with flickr slideshow.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- Online Technologies Enhance the Liberal Arts Learning Experience
October 7, 2013
Key Takeaways The liberal arts learning experience at small colleges focuses on small class sizes and face-to-face interactions between students and faculty. Appropria…
- One University: Transforming the Student Experience
October 7, 2013
Key Takeaways The One University digital initiative is an ongoing effort to improve the student and community experience at the University of Oklahoma through innovative new …
- Open Badging
October 7, 2013
Key Takeaways Mozilla's Open Badges help learners capture all their learning across multiple channels and connect it to paint a more complete picture of a learner's skill…
- A New Polemic: Libraries, MOOCs, and the Pedagogical Landscape
August 21, 2013
The author, Nora Almeida , examines MOOCs through the lense of libraries, including intellectual property, digital preservation, and information delivery and curricular support models. The aut…
- Expense Experiments
August 28, 2013
"In the name of student savings, institutions are testing everything from all-tablet learning to textbook rentals to open educational resources (OER) -- though similar projects delivered mix…
- Leading E-Text and E-Content Initiatives
August 22, 2013
Many higher education institutions are considering whether to move from traditional textbooks to e-textbooks . The EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative Leadership Seminar, hosted at the 2013 ELI Annua…
- Integrated Planning and Advising Services Benchmarking Study
August 30, 2013
2013 IPAS Benchmarking Study Participants Arapahoe Community College Arizona State University California State University, East Bay Canada College …
- Gender Diversity among Higher Education CIOs
September 9, 2013
Women’s presence in the IT profession in general, and as top executives in particular, has been a theme garnering much attention over the past several years. At a time when women make up …
- Competency-Based Transcripts
August 9, 2013
"Students who enroll in a new competency-based program at Northern Arizona University will earn a second transcript, which will describe their proficiency in the online bachelor degree’s r…
- Develop a Strategic Road Map for Postmodern ERP in 2013 and Beyond
September 2, 2013
This Gartner report posits that the all-encompassing ERP suite was killed by megavendors when they realized they couldn't keep up with users' needs and had to acquire, rather than build…