Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by Presentations
Recent and Upcoming Events
- EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, September 29- October 2, 2014. Explore Learning Space sessions at the 2014 Annual Conference in Orlando.
- ELI Online Fall Focus Sessions - On October 28 and 29, ELI will host its 2014 Fall Focus Session, "Re-Imagining Learning Spaces: Design, Technology, and Assessment" inside an Adobe Connect learning environment.
Articles and Papers
- The Evolving Classroom: Creating Experiential Learning Spaces, EDUCAUSE Review Online, October 2014.
- Considering Classroom Seating for Students and Faculty in the 21st Century, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, March 2014.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- 2007-2011 Strategic Plan for Information Technology
December 4, 2007
Strategic Plan for Information Technology at Western Kentucky University. Strategic Plan for Information Technology at Western Kentucky Universit…
- Oakland University Technology Services Strategic Plan 2010-2013
July 31, 2012
University Technology Services Strategic Plan (July 1, 2010 to June 30, 2013) for Oakland University. University Technology Services Strategic …
- IT@CSUMB Strategic Plan 2006 - 2010
October 21, 2008
Strategic Information Technology Strategic Plan for California State University, Monterey Bay. Strategic Information Technology Strategic Plan fo…
- NMSU 2007 Information Technology Plan
April 11, 2007
New Mexico State University (NMSU) Information Technology (IT) Strategic plan for 2007. New Mexico State University (NMSU) Information Technology…
- Brooklyn College Information Technology Assessment Plan
January 1, 2007
Brooklyn College's IT strategic plan, 2007. Brooklyn College's IT strategic plan, 2007. …
- Empowering the University Community Through Information Technology
January 1, 2007
West Virginia University's Information Technology Strategic Plan. West Virginia University's Information Technology Strategic Plan. …
- University of Washington Network Security Credo
January 1, 2002
Incidents of unauthorized access to networked computer systems in an enterprise are growing at fearful rates. The purpose of this document is to identify general design principles and practices for…
- UC Berkeley Office of Continuity Planning
January 13, 2010
The UC Berkeley Office of Continuity Planning web site was created to bring together many campus resources including the current version of the UC Berkeley campus plan. …
- University of Wisconsin-Stout Emergency Management Information
December 2, 2010
University of Wisconsin-Stout's Emergency Management web site. This page inlcudes information on H1N1, 2010 Campus Safety (Clery Act) Report, Campus Emergency Notification and Emergency Ma…
- AN-MSI Strategic Plan
January 1, 2002
Advanced Networking with Minority-Serving Institutions is the premier collaborative initiative for Minority Serving Institutions (MSIs) and their communities to create solutions that ensure they …