Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Publications
Filter by Presentations
Filter by Library Taxonomy
- Teaching and Learning [x]
- Learning Space [x]
- Learning Environments (73)
- Collaborative Learning (27)
- Assessment and Evaluation (26)
- Active Learning (24)
- Instructional Design (22)
- Student Engagement and Interaction (18)
- Instructional Technologies (16)
- Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) (16)
- Teaching and Learning Strategic Planning (13)
- Infrastructure and Emerging Technologies (76)
- Information Technology Management and Leadership (72)
- Libraries and Technology (42)
Recent and Upcoming Events
- EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, September 29- October 2, 2014. Explore Learning Space sessions at the 2014 Annual Conference in Orlando.
- ELI Online Fall Focus Sessions - On October 28 and 29, ELI will host its 2014 Fall Focus Session, "Re-Imagining Learning Spaces: Design, Technology, and Assessment" inside an Adobe Connect learning environment.
Articles and Papers
- The Evolving Classroom: Creating Experiential Learning Spaces, EDUCAUSE Review Online, October 2014.
- Considering Classroom Seating for Students and Faculty in the 21st Century, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, March 2014.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- ELI Session: Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall â€“ Looking Back, Looking Forward
February 14, 2010
In the fall of 2002, Stanford University opened Wallenberg Hall, the new home for the Stanford Center for Innovations in Learning (SCIL). This building has provided innovative, technology-enhance…
- EDUCAUSE Now - #24 - 1) Federal Budget's Impact on Higher Ed IT 2) Redesigning Courses for New Learning Environments
February 11, 2010
This month on EDUCAUSE Now we find out if the new federal budget has any major impacts on higher education IT, we discuss how faculty approach new ways of teaching when faced with new learni…
- Approach to Deploying Virtualized Computing in Learning Environments
March 12, 2013
A session at the NERCOMP Annual Conference
As Quinnipiac University has deployed virtualized computing in learning spaces and administrative offices, a number of organizational changes have facilitated this paradigm shift. In this session, …
- Session: Building, Renovating, and Maintaining Technology-Enabled Classrooms
December 22, 2009
How does an educational institution prioritize where to provide educational technology when there are over 320 classrooms located in some 50 buildings? When should that technology be refreshed? …
- What to Do While Your Building or Renovation Project Is On Hold
June 29, 2009
Many campuses will be postponing or curtailing new building projects and renovations due to the current economic climate, but the pressing need for newly configured, technology-enabled spaces has…
- FLEXspace: Flexible Learning Environments eXchange
February 6, 2013
A session at the EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative Annual Meeting
FLEXspace is a robust, interactive OER database designed to share and evaluate learning spaces. Originated as a SUNY Innovative Instruction Space Repository proof-of-concept project with ARTstor,…
- Opening up Learning: From Spaces to Environments
May 28, 2009
© 2009 EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative Advisory Board. The text of this article is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 License ( http://creativecommons…
- Best Practices in Learning Space Design: Engaging Users
March 26, 2009
By Phyllis T. H. Grummon Engaging those who will use a learning space in its planning yields the greatest benefits, yet the people who manage a space usually determine its design. F…
- Aligning Learning Space Design and Student Work: Research Implications for Design Processes and Elements
March 26, 2009
By Andrea Lisa Nixon Effective learning space design should be rooted in an understanding of the ways in which students engage a campus. Research suggests that there are significant…
- Uses of Labs and Learning Spaces
March 26, 2009
By Clare van den Blink Traditional computing labs need to transform into flexible, technology-enhanced learning spaces. Initial research into space use and future needs can guide de…