Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
- Podcasts (1193)
- Blogs (1166)
- Agreements or Contracts (15)
- Articles, Briefs, Papers, and Reports (6793)
- Bibliography (10)
- Blogs and Wikis (62)
- Books and Monographs (91)
- Certification, Education, Training and Tutorials (43)
- Effective Practices (62)
- Government Documents, Laws, Testimonies or Reports (116)
- Interactive Graphic and Infographics (17)
- Letters (23)
- Plans and Guidelines (99)
- Policies and Procedures (395)
- Presentations and Seminars (9475)
- Programs and Projects (49)
- RFPs (13)
- Surveys (74)
- Tools (46)
- Vendors (4)
- Videos (87)
- Web Sites (48)
Filter by Publications
Filter by Presentations
5 Tips for Active Learning Space Design - Chris Kobza is managing director for learning spaces at the University of Oklahoma.
- EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, September 29- October 2, 2014. Explore Learning Space sessions at the 2014 Annual Conference in Orlando.
- ELI Online Fall Focus Sessions - On October 28 and 29, ELI hosted its 2014 Fall Focus Session, "Re-Imagining Learning Spaces: Design, Technology, and Assessment" inside an Adobe Connect learning environment.
Articles and Papers
- The Evolving Classroom: Creating Experiential Learning Spaces, EDUCAUSE Review Online, October 2014.
- Considering Classroom Seating for Students and Faculty in the 21st Century, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, March 2014.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- EDUCAUSE Review: Print Edition, Volume 50, Number 4, July/August 2015
June 22, 2015
EDUCAUSE Review: Print Edition July/August 2015 Volume 50, Number 4 Features Returning Home: John O'Brien, in His Own Words Bill Hogue Excerpts …
- EDUCAUSE Comments: Telephone Consumer Protection Act Petition to FCC
June 2, 2015
In February 2015, Blackboard Inc. filed a petition with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) seeking a ruling that auto-text and auto-call messages sent via its Connect mass notification s…
- IPAS Evaluation and Assessment Guide
May 27, 2015
This report consists of two main parts. The first addresses a host of methodological and procedural issues related to the evaluation and assessment of IT projects in general and IPAS projects in …
- The IT Leader Today
June 8, 2015
In spring 2015, EDUCAUSE and Jisc published a report on the future IT leader. Many of the working group contributors were interviewed about what it means to be an IT leader today, as summarize…
- A Year of Living in the Future
June 8, 2015
This article looks through the eyes of Jisc's futurist at how the organization is playing an increasingly catalytic role in connecting the UK's research, education, and skills commun…
- Creating Innovation Leadership
June 8, 2015
Key Takeaways The innovation leader's role requires an entrepreneurial attitude with skills in management and negotiation , along with deep domain knowledge in …
- EDUCAUSE Comments: NTIA Multi-Stakeholder Process for Cybersecurity Engagement
May 20, 2015
The National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA) released a request-for-comments (RFC) in Spring 2015 on behalf of the U.S. Department of Commerce’s multi-agency Internet P…
- EDUCAUSE Comments: NIST Controlled Unclassified Information Guidelines
May 19, 2015
In late 2014, the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) released an initial public draft of a new set of guidelines for federal agencies to follow in securing sensitive unclassifi…
- Brewster Kahle: Digitize Everything
June 8, 2015
June 8, 2015 …
- The Chief Data Officer in Higher Education
June 8, 2015
Key Takeaways The role of chief data officer meets two urgent needs on campus: leading data administration efforts and building analytics capacity to drive decisions with d…