Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
- Podcasts (1188)
- Blogs (1132)
- Agreements or Contracts (14)
- Articles, Briefs, Papers, and Reports (6718)
- Bibliography (10)
- Blogs and Wikis (62)
- Books and Monographs (91)
- Certification, Education, Training and Tutorials (42)
- Effective Practices (62)
- Government Documents, Laws, Testimonies or Reports (113)
- Interactive Graphic and Infographics (16)
- Letters (23)
- Plans and Guidelines (99)
- Policies and Procedures (395)
- Presentations and Seminars (9396)
- Programs and Projects (49)
- RFPs (13)
- Surveys (74)
- Tools (46)
- Vendors (4)
- Videos (82)
- Web Sites (48)
Filter by Publications
Filter by Presentations
Recent and Upcoming Events
- EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, September 29- October 2, 2014. Explore Learning Space sessions at the 2014 Annual Conference in Orlando.
- ELI Online Fall Focus Sessions - On October 28 and 29, ELI will host its 2014 Fall Focus Session, "Re-Imagining Learning Spaces: Design, Technology, and Assessment" inside an Adobe Connect learning environment.
Articles and Papers
- The Evolving Classroom: Creating Experiential Learning Spaces, EDUCAUSE Review Online, October 2014.
- Considering Classroom Seating for Students and Faculty in the 21st Century, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, March 2014.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- Competency-Based Education: Faculty Goals and Student Grades
March 19, 2015
Author : Gregory K. Arbuckle I’m working with the faculty in my department at Western Kentucky University to develop a competency-based bachelor’s degree program in Advanced Manuf…
- Looking Forward to High School and College: Middle Grade Indicators of Readiness in Chicago Public Schools
November 1, 2014
Elaine Allensworth, Julia Gwynne, Paul Moore, and Marisa de la Torre The University of Chicago Consortium on Chicago School Research Grades and attendance—not test scores—are the middle …
- Higher Ed/Library Views Impact Final Net Neutrality Order
March 19, 2015
The FCC recently posted the full text of the network neutrality order it passed in late February. (Please see “ FCC Votes to Restore Strong Net Neutrality Protections .”) An outline …
- Evolving Coherent Systems of Accountability for Next Generation Learning: A Decision Framework
January 1, 2015
Council of Chief State School Officers, Jan 2015. A guide for state policymakers for developing an accountability system that supports next gen learning. Over the past several years, states ha…
- Blended Learning Report
May 1, 2014
Robert Murphy, Eric Snow, Jessica Mislevy, Larry Gallagher, Andrew Krumm, Xin Wei, Michael & Susan Dell Foundation, May 2014. Research findings from a one-year study of five blended learn…
- Student Mathematics Performance in the First Two Years of Teach to One: Math
December 4, 2014
Douglas Ready, Columbia University, December 2014 Executive Summary: This report examined test-score outcomes associated with the first two years of implementation of Teach to One: Math…
- Supporting Student Success through Time & Technology
December 31, 2014
Roy Chan, National Center on Time & Learning Supporting Student Success is a guide for district leaders and school practitioners interested in implementing a blended learning strategy …
- The New Forgotten Half and Research Directions to Support Them
January 1, 2015
Amid expanded college access over the past several decades, as many as 86 percent of on-time high school graduates now continue their education. But the era of “college for all” has yielded a…
- Go Blended! A Handbook for Blending Technology in Schools
February 13, 2015
Go Blended! is a practical guide for educators interested in initiating a blended learning program. Author Liz Arney clearly offers boots-on-the-ground support for laying the foundation for a ble…
- Competence: What Do We Need to Read and Think About?
August 1, 2014
Clifford Adelman, Institute for Higher Education Policy, August 2014. Reviews literature that illuminates deep assumptions about the nature of “competence,” and to reflect on what lies und…