Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
- Podcasts (1193)
- Blogs (1174)
- Agreements or Contracts (15)
- Articles, Briefs, Papers, and Reports (6814)
- Bibliography (10)
- Blogs and Wikis (62)
- Books and Monographs (91)
- Certification, Education, Training and Tutorials (43)
- Effective Practices (62)
- Government Documents, Laws, Testimonies or Reports (117)
- Interactive Graphic and Infographics (17)
- Letters (23)
- Plans and Guidelines (99)
- Policies and Procedures (396)
- Presentations and Seminars (9479)
- Programs and Projects (49)
- RFPs (13)
- Surveys (74)
- Tools (46)
- Vendors (4)
- Videos (89)
- Web Sites (48)
Filter by Publications
Filter by Presentations
5 Tips for Active Learning Space Design - Chris Kobza is managing director for learning spaces at the University of Oklahoma.
Articles and Papers
- Emerging Technologies to Enhance Teaching and Enable Active Learning, EDUCAUSE Review Online, August 2015.
- The Evolving Classroom: Creating Experiential Learning Spaces, EDUCAUSE Review Online, October 2014.
- Considering Classroom Seating for Students and Faculty in the 21st Century, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, March 2014.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- Competency-Based Education: What We Learned from Experience
July 1, 2015
Author: Mary W. Hendrix, Vice-President for Student Access and Success, Texas A&M University-Commerce Jolene Applegate started her degree in 1976 and was one of the first…
- Web Accessibility
Web Accessibility True Accessible Web Design EDUCA…
- Intellectual Property
Intellectual Property True Higher education institutions,…
- The CIO Minute: Everything Depends on Professional Development
August 3, 2015
August 3, 2015 …
- Emerging Technologies to Enhance Teaching and Enable Active Learning
August 3, 2015
Key Takeaways Providing dedicated space to engage faculty and students with emerging educational technologies while encouraging their exploration of the possibilities brings ab…
- A Dialogical Approach to Learning Technology Success
July 20, 2015
Key Takeaways A dialogical approach to learning technology initiatives at Boise State University ensures transparency and buy-in from the campus community. Project m…
- Anytime and Anywhere: A Case Study for Blended Learning
July 20, 2015
Key Takeaways Using live streaming with blended learning helps engage off- and on-campus students in real time and enhances the off-campus experience by incorporating synchro…
- Taking Serious Games Seriously in Education
July 20, 2015
Games can serve as a means of not just developing domain-specific knowledge and skills but also identity and values key to professional functioning. The data from games enable understanding ho…
- The CIO Minute: We've Been Too Successful
July 6, 2015
July 6, 2015 ERO1575 …
- CDS Spotlight: Information Security
June 26, 2015
This research bulletin uses data from Modules 1 and 7 of the EDUCAUSE Core Data Service to examine the current state of information security in higher education. Using an infographic format, …