Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Publications
Filter by Presentations
Recent and Upcoming Events
- EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, September 29- October 2, 2014. Explore Learning Space sessions at the 2014 Annual Conference in Orlando.
- ELI Online Fall Focus Sessions - On October 28 and 29, ELI will host its 2014 Fall Focus Session, "Re-Imagining Learning Spaces: Design, Technology, and Assessment" inside an Adobe Connect learning environment.
Articles and Papers
- The Evolving Classroom: Creating Experiential Learning Spaces, EDUCAUSE Review Online, October 2014.
- Considering Classroom Seating for Students and Faculty in the 21st Century, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, March 2014.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- At the State Authorization "Deadline": What Should Institutions Do?
June 29, 2011
In a post yesterday , I noted that progress has been made on federal legislation to repeal regulations set to take effect this Friday on state authorization requirements for online/distance l…
- As July 1 Approaches, House Bill to Block State Authorization, Credit Hour Definition Passes Committee
June 28, 2011
With the July 1 deadline for U.S. Department of Education (ED) implementation of new Higher Education Act Title IV (student financial assistance) regulations on program integrity looming, the …
- Postsecondary Accessible Instructional Materials: Legal Recommendations
June 28, 2011
The U.S. Department of Education (ED) Postsecondary Accessible Instructional Materials (AIM) Commission held an extensive, half-day session on Friday to discuss the working draft of its Le…
- Cal State Report on Google Apps Accessibility Posted
June 21, 2011
The California State University Accessible Technology Initiative (ATI) has posted a report on the accessibility of Google Apps. The report stems from a collaborative effort by volunteers from se…
- June 24 Open Teleconf. - Federal Accessible Instructional Materials Commission
June 10, 2011
The U.S. Department of Education's (ED's) Advisory Commission on Accessible Instructional Materials in Postsecondary Education for Students with Disabilities (i.e., the AIM Commission)…
- States Provide More Information on Authorization Processes
June 10, 2011
WCET posted a new entry yesterday to its blog on state authorization requirements for online/distance learning providers. The blog post reviews the latest efforts of a large number of states to …
- Legislation to Repeal State Authorization Requirements
June 9, 2011
Last Friday, U.S. Rep. Virginia Foxx, Chair of the U.S. House Subcommittee on Higher Education and Workforce Training, introduced a bill, H.R. 2117, that would repeal the U.S. Department of Educ…
- State of the Mobile Net Conference
May 31, 2011
The Advisory Committee of the Congressional Internet Caucus held its 3rd Annual State of the Mobile Net Conference on May 26, 2011, in Washington, DC. The conference highlighted how …
- New U.S. Dept. of Ed. Guidance on Accessibility and Emerging Technologies
May 26, 2011
The U.S. Department of Education (ED) released today a new Dear Colleague Letter (DCL) expanding on its June 2010 joint DCL with the U.S. Department of Justice regarding the use of e-readers…
- EDUCAUSE submits comments on the proposed PIPA legislation
May 25, 2011
Today EDUCAUSE, together with other interested entities, has submitted comments on the proposed PIPA legislation (see previous post ). The comments address higher education’s concern …