Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Publications
Filter by Presentations
5 Tips for Active Learning Space Design - Chris Kobza is managing director for learning spaces at the University of Oklahoma.
- EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, September 29- October 2, 2014. Explore Learning Space sessions at the 2014 Annual Conference in Orlando.
- ELI Online Fall Focus Sessions - On October 28 and 29, ELI hosted its 2014 Fall Focus Session, "Re-Imagining Learning Spaces: Design, Technology, and Assessment" inside an Adobe Connect learning environment.
Articles and Papers
- The Evolving Classroom: Creating Experiential Learning Spaces, EDUCAUSE Review Online, October 2014.
- Considering Classroom Seating for Students and Faculty in the 21st Century, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, March 2014.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- Analytics for Enterprise Efficiency and Effectiveness
July 26, 2012
Analytics: A 3 Day Sprint - July 26th, 2012 How is analytics used in the enterprise area? What kinds of data governance, policies and infrastructure need to be in place to ensure effective…
- Analytics for Teaching, Learning, and Student Success
July 25, 2012
Analytics: A 3 Day Sprint - July 25th, 2012 How does analytics affect faculty and students? Explore early warning systems, educational pathways, and use of student data to improve courses.…
- What Does Analytics Mean for Higher Education?
July 24, 2012
Analytics: A 3 Day Sprint - July 24th, 2012 Hear what analytics means for higher education and IT from experienced leaders. Preview the results of a nationwide survey of analytics in higher ed…
- The Top Ten Issues in Higher Education IT
July 19, 2012
EDUCAUSE works with members to identify the top-ten issues in higher education IT each year. The resulting EDUCAUSE Review article is a member favorite. This year’s list is significantly di…
- The Direction of Fair Use for Education: New Law and New Possibilities
July 12, 2012
Copyright and fair use has long been a critical element of innovative technologies. On campus, we steadily create new works and use existing ones—and nearly all of them are automatically pr…
- Iterative Design for Learning: Using Design Research and Prototyping to Innovate and Support Learning
July 9, 2012
Join Malcolm Brown, EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative director, and Veronica Diaz, ELI associate director, as they moderate this webinar with Dr. Alan Foley. Alan will discuss the evolution of desig…
- Building the Connected Learning Platform-One Brick at a Time
December 5, 2013
A session at the EDUCAUSE LIVE! - Building the Connected Learning Platformâ€“One Brick at a Time
Imagine what would happen if CIOs knew that faculty and students could easily add services and applications in a matter of days instead of months, if instructors could seamlessly combine these to…
- A Vision for Cloud- and Earth-based Services at UC Davis
January 26, 2011
January 26, 2011 LIVE114_263862 …
- National Status of Data Management: Current Research in Policy and Education
June 21, 2012
This panel features updates from three interrelated projects examining the data management ecosystem to determine requirements and best practices in policy, graduate education, and professional…
- Learning Analytics: Using Big Data to Predict Student Success
June 11, 2012
Join Malcolm Brown, EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative director, and Veronica Diaz, ELI associate director, as they moderate this webinar with Sebastian Diaz and Hae Okimoto on a multi-institutional pr…