Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Publications
Filter by Presentations
Recent and Upcoming Events
- EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, September 29- October 2, 2014. Explore Learning Space sessions at the 2014 Annual Conference in Orlando.
- ELI Online Fall Focus Sessions - On October 28 and 29, ELI will host its 2014 Fall Focus Session, "Re-Imagining Learning Spaces: Design, Technology, and Assessment" inside an Adobe Connect learning environment.
Articles and Papers
- The Evolving Classroom: Creating Experiential Learning Spaces, EDUCAUSE Review Online, October 2014.
- Considering Classroom Seating for Students and Faculty in the 21st Century, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, March 2014.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- 7 Things You Should Know About Lightboard
August 18, 2014
A number of colleges and universities are i mplementing lecture-recording tools in their video studios that allow instructors to face the camera while also writing on a transparent s…
- Next Gen Tools: Degreein3 Math Modeling
August 8, 2014
This innovation brief from Next Generation Learning Challenges (NGLC) describes how Columbus State University’s (CSU) new Degreein3 (DN3) Program integrates learning support module…
- Next Gen Tools: EAA Professional Development
August 26, 2014
This innovation brief from Next Generation Learning Challenges (NGLC) focuses on the blended, mastery-based professional development course developed by the Education Achievement Authority of M…
- 7 Things You Should Know About Badging for Professional Development
August 7, 2014
Digital badges recognize a particular experience or signify accomplishments , such as completion of a project or mastery of a skill. In a professional context, a learner typically earns a …
- Society for the Teaching of Psychology and the University of Wisconsin Milwaukee: U-Pace
August 6, 2014
The Society for the Teaching of Psychology and the University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee (UWM) partnered to disseminate U-Pace, a technology-enabled instructional model th…
- University of Central Florida and the American Association of State Colleges and Universities: Blended Learning Toolkit
August 6, 2014
The Blended Learning Toolkit supports the course redesign approach, and interest in its openly available clearinghouse of online tools, strategies, curricula, and other …
- Blended Synchronous Learning Handbook
August 5, 2014
The Blended Synchronous Learning Handbook is the primary output of the Blended Synchronous Learning Project. It includes the summative findings of the Blended Synchronous Learning case studies, a…
- Learning Analytics and Ethics: A Framework beyond Utilitarianism
August 25, 2014
Utilitarian concerns increasingly drive machine ethics, particularly the few ethical discussions in learning analytics. Determining the most good for the most people is a responsible way forwa…
- When Worlds Collide: IP-Based Video Surveillance on an IT Network
August 11, 2014
Key Takeaways Unable to salvage its ailing analog surveillance system , the Central Piedmont Community College's Information Technology Services Department installed an IP-ba…
- Questions of Data Ownership on Campus
August 25, 2014
Valid arguments exist for students to control data about themselves, and similarly plausible arguments suggest that the institution can claim ownership. This article explores both perspectives…