Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by Presentations
Articles and Papers
- Considering Classroom Seating for Students and Faculty in the 21st Century, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, March 2014.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- AN-MSI Strategic Plan
January 1, 2002
Advanced Networking with Minority-Serving Institutions is the premier collaborative initiative for Minority Serving Institutions (MSIs) and their communities to create solutions that ensure they …
- AN-MSI Project Plan for Year Three
January 1, 2001
The NSF AN-MSI Project Plan for the 3rd year, 2002. The NSF AN-MSI Project Plan for the 3rd year, 2002. …
- NSF Advanced Networking Project with Minority-Serving Institutions (AN-MSI)
January 1, 1999
The original project plan for AN-MSI from 1999. The original project plan for AN-MSI from 1999. …
- Northern Arizona University Information Technology Strategic Plan 2012-2016â€ƒ
May 2, 2011
Northern Arizona University's information technology strategic plan, 2012-2016. Northern Arizona University's information technology …
- AN-MSI Menu of Services (Version 1.0)
January 1, 2000
Review of the Menu of Services developed for the AN-MSI project during the December 5, 2000, Committee Chairs Meeting in Washington, DC. This document is the first draft of services AN-MSI will p…
- LEAD's Current AN-MSI Evaluation Design: Dec 2000
January 1, 2000
This document is an updated version of the LEAD Center's evaluation design for the AN-MSI project, describing what they've done in the past 6 months and what they plan to do for the 6 m…
- Mainstream Network Model: Guidelines to Upgrading Campus Networks
January 1, 2002
This document presents a "mainstream network model" aimed at a medium sized college or university. It is intended to identify designs and issues for consideration by local planners when…
- It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's a ... Portal?
January 1, 2000
This article explains a campus portal strategy and why one is needed. This article explains a campus portal strategy and why one is needed. …
- A Roadmap to Service Excellence - The UW-Madison Information Technology (IT) Strategic Plan
February 25, 2009
A Roadmap to Service Excellence - The UW-Madison Information Technology (IT) Strategic Plan , February 2009. A Roadmap to Service Excellence…
- University of Arizona Information Technology Strategic Plan 2009 - 2013
March 25, 2011
The IT Strategic Plan for the University of Arizona for the years 2009-2013. The IT Strategic Plan for the University of Arizona for the years 20…