Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Publications
Filter by Presentations
Filter by Library Taxonomy
- Teaching and Learning [x]
- Learning Space [x]
- Learning Environments (67)
- Collaborative Learning (27)
- Assessment and Evaluation (25)
- Instructional Design (19)
- Active Learning (16)
- Instructional Technologies (16)
- Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) (16)
- Student Engagement and Interaction (15)
- Teaching and Learning Strategic Planning (13)
- Infrastructure and Emerging Technologies (72)
- Information Technology Management and Leadership (69)
- Libraries and Technology (41)
- EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, September 29- October 2, 2014. Explore Learning Space sessions at the 2014 Annual Conference in Orlando.
- ELI Online Fall Focus Sessions - On October 28 and 29, ELI will host its 2014 Fall Focus Session, "Re-Imagining Learning Spaces: Design, Technology, and Assessment" inside an Adobe Connect learning environment.
Articles and Papers
- Considering Classroom Seating for Students and Faculty in the 21st Century, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, March 2014.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Makerspaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, May 2013
- Creating Shared Learning Spaces: The North Quad Experience, EDUCAUSE Review Online, April 2013
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Learning Spaces, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, January 2013,
- Role-Differentiated Responses to Active Learning Classrooms: The University of Minnesota, ELI Seeking Evidence of Impact (SEI) Case Study, November 2012.
- Pedagogy and Space: Empirical Research on New Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, December 2011.
- From Learning Commons to Learning Outcomes: Assessing Collaborative Services and Spaces, ECAR Bulletin, September 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About the Modern Learning Commons, ELI 7 Things You Should Know, April 2011.
- Classroom.NEXT: Engaging Faculty and Students in Learning Space Design, ELI Brief, July 2011.
- Making the Case for Space: Three Years of Empirical Research on Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2010.
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, 2009.
Planning Sites, Presentations and Seminars
- The Learning Space Rating System, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2014.
- Assessing Teaching and Learning in Technology-Infused TILE Classrooms at The University of Iowa, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012.
- Learning Space Tool Kit, This Toolkit, from NCSU Libraries, will be freely available as a resource on the web and will be developed using a collaborative process that shares thinking early and often from the broader community.
- Using Technology to Engage Students, ELI Annual Conference, February 2011.
- Building Best Practices for Data-Driven Assessment of Technology-Enabled Learning Spaces, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Stanford University's Wallenberg Hall: Looking Back, Looking Forward, ELI Annual Meeting, January 2010.
- Brick-and-Mortar Libraries in the 21st-Century: An Oxymoron?, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, November 2009.
- Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning, ACRL and LLAMA. This Guide will provide information for thinking about the design of new and renovated library space, and point toward additional resources that can support, inform and enhance the academic library design process.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Learning Space
- Assessment: The Key to Creating Spaces That Promote Learning
March 20, 2009
© 2009 Sawyer Hunley and Molly Schaller EDUCAUSE Review, vol. 44, no. 2 (March/April 2009): 26-35 Sawyer Hunley is coordinator of the School Psychology Program and a Learning Teachi…
- Learning Spaces: Involving Faculty to Improve Pedagogy
March 20, 2009
© 2009 Joan K. Lippincott. The text of this article is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 License ( http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/ ).…
March 20, 2009
© 2009 Linda Jorn, Aimee Whiteside, and Ann Hill Duin. The text of this article is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 License ( http://creativecommons…
- EDUCAUSE Review Magazine, Volume 44, Number 2, March/April 2009
March 20, 2009
Learning Spaces features PAIR-Up Linda Jorn, Aimee Whiteside, and Ann Hill Duin To create sustainable learning spaces, we must P artner with others for P edagogy-rich d…
- The Learning Space
February 18, 2009
The primary intent of this web blog is to provide an environment which offers mediated resources in teaching and learning, guidance in classroom design, instructional design, and digital media cr…
- Centers of Excellence - Creating Innovative Learning Environments
November 10, 2007
This presentation explains the importance of the interaction between learning space, technology, and the teaching and learning process. â€œLearning Space Design-Creating Centers of Engageme…
- ELI In Conversation: Innovative Learning Space Design--Translating Design Principles and Best Practices
September 3, 2009
This podcast features a discussion recorded at the ELI 2009 Annual Conference. This roundtable conversation includes Carole Wedge , President of Shepley Bulfinch Richardson and Abbott, archite…
- A Space of Oneâ€™s Own: Learning Environments Derived from User-Centered Discovery Techniques
November 21, 2008
Academic libraries are committed to delivering new or improved learning spaces for students. Information/learning commons are de rigueur for libraries seeking to refresh and deepen their engageme…
- Learning Curve: Adapting Library Workspaces
November 17, 2008
© 2008 James C. Haug EDUCAUSE Quarterly, vol. 31, no. 4 (October–December 2008) Good Ideas Learning Curve: Adapting Library Workspaces Student insights and suggestions help max…
- Learning Spaces Study
October 15, 2007
This document considers formal and informal learning space design, the instructional technologies found in such spaces, and related issues such as funding, support and maintenance of such spaces.…