Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Publications
Filter by Presentations
Filter by Library Taxonomy
Using portable computing devices (such as iPads, laptops, tablet PCs, PDAs, and smart phones) with wireless networks enables mobility and mobile learning, allowing teaching and learning to extend to spaces beyond the traditional classroom. Within the classroom, mobile learning gives instructors and learners increased flexibility and new opportunities for interaction. Explore this resource site—a collection of all EDUCAUSE mobile learning related resources.
Articles, Papers, Portals and Reports
- Students' Mobile Learning Practices in Higher Education: A Multi-Year Study, EDUCAUSE Review July/August 2015.
- 7 Things You Should Read About Microlearning in Mobile and Flipped Contexts ELI, October 15, 2014
- Study of Students and Information Technology, 2014 ECAR, October 30, 2014
- Progress in Meeting Demand for Mobile IT, ECAR Research Report, September 2013. ECAR surveyed more than 300 institutions to assess the current state of mobile IT in higher education.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Application Development Tools,ELI September 2012
- The Future of Mobile Learning, ECAR Research Bulletin, May 2012
- Mobile Learning Portal is a website hosted by the Learning Technology Center in the College of Education at The University of Texas at Austin
- 2012 Horizon Report ELI/NMC, February 2012
- Mobile Perspectives: On Teaching—Mobile Literacy, EDUCAUSE Review, March/April 2011
- Mixable: A Mobile and Connected Learning Environment, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, March 2011.
- 7 Things You Should Know About iPad Apps for Learning, ELI, February 2011
- Learning through Situated Simulations: Exploring Mobile Augmented Reality ECAR Bulletin, January 2011
- 7 Things You Should Know About Android ELI, December 2010
- Teaching America’s First Course on Mobile Phone Learning EDUCAUSE Quarterly, September 2010
- Mobile Learning Environments, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, September 2010
- Mobile Learning: Context and Prospects, ELI White Paper, May 2010
- 7 Things You Should Know About Mobile Apps for Learning, ELI, May 2010
- 7 Things You Should Know About E-Readers, ELI, March 2010
Podcasts, Presentations, and Seminars
- Mobile Essentials for Faculty April 2, 2014. A session at the Online Spring Focus Session - Faculty Engagement and Development. This session will introduce you to UCFs mobile learning professional development course.
- Vision and Action: A Three-Year Retrospective on a Large-Scale Mobile Initiative, ELI Annual Meeting, February 4, 2014. In 2010, the University of Minnesota's College of Education and Human Development attracted the attention of higher education by announcing that it would provide its entire freshman class of 450 students with iPads in the largest pilot of its kind at a major research university. The presenters will share their different perspectives on lessons learned on this mobile initiative, now in its fourth year, and offer key considerations for those working on mobile integration in their programs or courses.
- From Standardized to Personalized: A Trajectory for Mobile Learning, ELI Webinar, August 2012
- Establishing Metrics for mLearning, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012
- The Design and Implementation of a Campus-Wide Mobile Learning Initiative, ELI Annual Meeting, February 2012
- Classroom Engagement in the Age of Cell Phones and Social Media, EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, October 2012
- Spotlight on Mobile Computing: Stories of Mobile Learning, EDUCAUSE Live! January 2011
- Classroom Engagement in the Age of Cell Phones and Social Media EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, October 2010
- Mobile Devices in Higher Ed ... for Learning? You Bet, ELI Spring Online Focus Session, March 2010
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Mobile Learning
- Going Nomadic: Mobile Learning in Higher Education
January 1, 2004
© 2004 Bryan Alexander EDUCAUSE Review, vol. 39, no. 5 (September/October 2004): 28–35. Bryan Alexander Bryan Alexander ( http://cet.middlebury.edu/bryan/ ) is codirector of the…
- M-Learning: Emergent Pedagogical and Campus Issues in the Mobile Learning Environment
August 3, 2004
Through a series of case studies, this research bulletin describes the current state of wireless, mobile learning (m-learning) in higher education. It explores the impact of mobile technologies o…
- Enabling Mobile Learning
January 1, 2005
Â© 2005 Ellen D. Wagner EDUCAUSE Review , vol. 40, no. 3 (May/June 2005): 40–53. Enabling Mobile Learning Ellen D. Wagner Ellen D. Wagner is Senior Director of Global Education…
- Strategies for the Mobile Learning Environment: Harnessing Collaborative Learning Within Nomadic Communities
January 24, 2005
A session at the NLII Annual Conference 2005
Entering its fourth year, the Innovative Technology Center's Wireless Instructional Initiatives project at the University of Tennessee has seen some interesting mobile learning trends. This pr…
- Toward True Mobile Learning: What Do We Need in Remote Areas?
October 19, 2005
A session at the EDUCAUSE 2005 Annual Conference
Mobile learning becomes true mobile learning when instant feedback is provided on the spot, even in remote areas. In various fieldwork settings students used General Packet Radio Service (GPRS) con…
- Gardner Campbell on the Growth of Mobility
March 21, 2006
On March 29-30, ELI will host its 2006 Spring Focus Session, Mobility and Mobile Learning: The Next Phase of Anytime, Anywhere Learning , at the Inn and Conference Center - Universit…
- Mobile Learning at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville
March 22, 2006
This is another podcast related to ELIâ€™s upcoming Spring Focus Session on mobility and mobile learning. Hosted in conjunction with the University of Marylandâ€“College Park, the event…
- The Duke iPod Project / Digital Initiative
March 22, 2006
This interview continues the series of discussions the ELI is podcasting in relation to its 2006 Spring Focus Session, Mobility and Mobile Learning: The Next Phase of Anytime, Anywhere Learning…
- What Is the Future of Mobile Learning?
March 30, 2006
A session at the ELI 2006 Spring Focus Session
Goal: Describe trends and projections for mobility and mobile learning. Goal: Describe trends and projections for mobility and mobile lea…
- Are You Ready for Mobile Learning?
January 1, 2007
Are You Ready for Mobile Learning? Frequent use of mobile devices does not mean that students or instructors are ready for mobile learning and teaching By Joseph Rene Corbeil and Mari…