Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
- Blogs [x]
Filter by Publications
Filter by Library Taxonomy
- Open Content [x]
- Openness [x]
- Information Technology Management and Leadership (4)
- Open Educational Resources (OER) (2)
- Data Administration and Management (1)
- E-Research (1)
- Federal Policy and Law (1)
- High-Performance Computing (HPC) (1)
- Information Systems and Services (1)
- Networking and Emerging Technologies (1)
- Open Access (1)
- Open Education (1)
- Policy and Law (1)
EDUCAUSE values sharing, collaboration, and open access to knowledge and resources, and thus supports technologies, applications, and approaches that foster openness. Embracing openness as a core value commits EDUCAUSE to helping both its institutional and corporate members engage the topic on a sustained basis, with the goal of maximizing the flexibility and creativity with which members can advance their missions.
To learn more about openness as a core value of EDUCAUSE, please review the following value statement
- Open Governance in Higher Education: Extending the Past to the Future, EDUCAUSE Review, January/February 2011.
- Openness is the theme of the July/August EDUCAUSE Review, vol. 45, no 4, 2010. Articles on open content, open access, OER and open faculty are all included in this issue.
- Openness in Delivering Education and Content, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, vol. 32, no. 2, 2009.
- EDUCAUSE Review Magazine, vol. 44, no. 1, January/February 2009 Openness themed issue of EDUCAUSE Review
- What Is Openness, Anyway? EDUCAUSE Quarterly, vol. 32, no. 1, 2009.
- Minds on Fire: Open Education, the Long Tail, and Learning 2.0, EDUCAUSE Review, vol. 43, no. 1, January/February 2008.
Web Seminars and Podcasts
- Openness: Decoupling the Future to Radically Improve Access to Education, EDUCAUSE Live!, October 10th, 2011.
- The World Is Open: Now, WE ALL LEARN with Web Technology, ELI Annual Conference, January 21, 2010.
- Incidental Openness: Exploring Stories of Education in the Open, ELI Annual Conference, January 21, 2010.
- Throwing Open the Doors: Strategies and Implications for Open Access, EDUCAUSE Live!, October 13th, 2009.
- Where Is the Open Education Movement Going?, EDUCAUSE Live!, May 19th, 2009.
- Opening Up Education: The Collective Advancement of Education through Open Technology, Open Content, and Open Knowledge, EDUCAUSE Live!,October 17, 2008.
- EDUCAUSE Openness Constituent Group - Discurssion list
Updated January 2012
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Openness
- UC Irvine Open Chemistry Initiative
March 11, 2013
Just in time for Open Education Week , Inside Higher Education reports the University of California, Irvine, (an Open Courseware Consortium member) has made the full course curricu…
- EDUCAUSE Now - #45 -1) U.S. CTO, Aneesh Chopra 2) DIY U's Anya Kamenetz
November 10, 2011
This month EDUCAUSE Now presents two interviews from the 2011 Annual Conference. Aneesh Chopra, Chief Technology Officer for the US talks with EDUCAUSE President, Diana Oblinger, and Anya Ka…
- "Linked open data" the key to the humanities' future?
September 28, 2011
Inside Higher Education posted an interesting article this morning on the increasing interest in and potential of the digital humanities ( http://www.insidehighered.com/news/2011/09/28/nati…
- EDUCAUSE Now - John Wilbanks and Science Commons
September 14, 2009
This podcast was originally published January 15, 2009. Welcome to EDUCAUSE Now! Join host Gerry Bayne and Colleen Luckett for a look at making research more streamlined with the open sharing …