Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by Publications
- EDUCAUSE Publications [x]
Filter by Library Taxonomy
- Open Content [x]
- Openness [x]
- Information Technology Management and Leadership (5)
- Open Educational Resources (OER) (5)
- E-Learning (2)
- Open Access (2)
- Policy and Law (2)
- Teaching and Learning (2)
- Applications (1)
- Copyright (1)
- Digital Content (1)
- Information Systems and Services (1)
- Instructional Design (1)
- Intellectual Property (1)
- Learning (1)
- Libraries and Technology (1)
- Licensing (1)
- Mobile Learning (1)
- Online Learning (1)
- Virtual Worlds (1)
EDUCAUSE values sharing, collaboration, and open access to knowledge and resources, and thus supports technologies, applications, and approaches that foster openness. Embracing openness as a core value commits EDUCAUSE to helping both its institutional and corporate members engage the topic on a sustained basis, with the goal of maximizing the flexibility and creativity with which members can advance their missions.
To learn more about openness as a core value of EDUCAUSE, please review the following value statement
- Open Governance in Higher Education: Extending the Past to the Future, EDUCAUSE Review, January/February 2011.
- Openness is the theme of the July/August EDUCAUSE Review, vol. 45, no 4, 2010. Articles on open content, open access, OER and open faculty are all included in this issue.
- Openness in Delivering Education and Content, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, vol. 32, no. 2, 2009.
- EDUCAUSE Review Magazine, vol. 44, no. 1, January/February 2009 Openness themed issue of EDUCAUSE Review
- What Is Openness, Anyway? EDUCAUSE Quarterly, vol. 32, no. 1, 2009.
- Minds on Fire: Open Education, the Long Tail, and Learning 2.0, EDUCAUSE Review, vol. 43, no. 1, January/February 2008.
Web Seminars and Podcasts
- Openness: Decoupling the Future to Radically Improve Access to Education, EDUCAUSE Live!, October 10th, 2011.
- The World Is Open: Now, WE ALL LEARN with Web Technology, ELI Annual Conference, January 21, 2010.
- Incidental Openness: Exploring Stories of Education in the Open, ELI Annual Conference, January 21, 2010.
- Throwing Open the Doors: Strategies and Implications for Open Access, EDUCAUSE Live!, October 13th, 2009.
- Where Is the Open Education Movement Going?, EDUCAUSE Live!, May 19th, 2009.
- Opening Up Education: The Collective Advancement of Education through Open Technology, Open Content, and Open Knowledge, EDUCAUSE Live!,October 17, 2008.
- EDUCAUSE Openness Constituent Group - Discurssion list
Updated January 2012
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Openness
- Case Study 15: The Saylor.org Model
May 2, 2012
A case study from Game Changers Jennifer Shoop This chapter is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License Introduction Saylor.org is an open-…
- Case Study 8: OpenCourseWare
May 2, 2012
A case study from Game Changers Mary Lou Forward This chapter is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License OpenCourseWare (OCW) and open educat…
- Case Study 2: The Open Course Library of the Washington State Colleges
May 2, 2012
A case study from Game Changers Tom Caswell This chapter is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License This case study describes an initiative o…
- Chapter 6: Why Openness in Education?
May 2, 2012
A chapter from Game Changers David Wiley and Cable Green This chapter is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License In this chapter, we explore …
- Horizon Report 2010: Projects in E-Books, Open Content, Mobile Learning, and Augmented Reality
July 12, 2010
This web seminar includes speakers representing six projects featured in the latest Horizon Report . In this special one-and-a-half hour ELI webinar, you’ll be taken on a tour of their work …