Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Library Taxonomy
EDUCAUSE values sharing, collaboration, and open access to knowledge and resources, and thus supports technologies, applications, and approaches that foster openness. Embracing openness as a core value commits EDUCAUSE to helping both its institutional and corporate members engage the topic on a sustained basis, with the goal of maximizing the flexibility and creativity with which members can advance their missions.
To learn more about openness as a core value of EDUCAUSE, please review the following value statement
- Open Governance in Higher Education: Extending the Past to the Future, EDUCAUSE Review, January/February 2011.
- Openness is the theme of the July/August EDUCAUSE Review, vol. 45, no 4, 2010. Articles on open content, open access, OER and open faculty are all included in this issue.
- Openness in Delivering Education and Content, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, vol. 32, no. 2, 2009.
- EDUCAUSE Review Magazine, vol. 44, no. 1, January/February 2009 Openness themed issue of EDUCAUSE Review
- What Is Openness, Anyway? EDUCAUSE Quarterly, vol. 32, no. 1, 2009.
- Minds on Fire: Open Education, the Long Tail, and Learning 2.0, EDUCAUSE Review, vol. 43, no. 1, January/February 2008.
Web Seminars and Podcasts
- Openness: Decoupling the Future to Radically Improve Access to Education, EDUCAUSE Live!, October 10th, 2011.
- The World Is Open: Now, WE ALL LEARN with Web Technology, ELI Annual Conference, January 21, 2010.
- Incidental Openness: Exploring Stories of Education in the Open, ELI Annual Conference, January 21, 2010.
- Throwing Open the Doors: Strategies and Implications for Open Access, EDUCAUSE Live!, October 13th, 2009.
- Where Is the Open Education Movement Going?, EDUCAUSE Live!, May 19th, 2009.
- Opening Up Education: The Collective Advancement of Education through Open Technology, Open Content, and Open Knowledge, EDUCAUSE Live!,October 17, 2008.
- EDUCAUSE Openness Constituent Group - Discurssion list
Updated January 2012
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Openness
- Openness: Decoupling the Future to Radically Improve Access to Education
October 10, 2011
The costs of higher education are soaring for a variety of reasons. A significant factor that will continue to drive costs over the next two decades is that the number of students trying to ente…
- How Digital Content + Open Licenses + Open Policies = Sustainable Educational Resources for All
September 12, 2011
Cable Green, Director of Global Learning @ Creative Commons, will discuss how, if we are smart, we will use today's technical and legal tools to build and share high quality, affordable edu…
- Throwing Open the Doors: Strategies and Implications for Open Access
October 13, 2009
In the past decade, the proliferation of Web 2.0 tools for sharing and creating knowledge, coupled with the creation of open-access journals, databases, and archives across the web, has begun to …
- Where Is the Open Education Movement Going?
May 19, 2009
What does the concept of "open education" mean in 2009? Is it simply a matter of sharing learning content, or is a broader set of principles and practices called into question as well? …