Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
EDUCAUSE values sharing, collaboration, and open access to knowledge and resources, and thus supports technologies, applications, and approaches that foster openness. Embracing openness as a core value commits EDUCAUSE to helping both its institutional and corporate members engage the topic on a sustained basis, with the goal of maximizing the flexibility and creativity with which members can advance their missions.
To learn more about openness as a core value of EDUCAUSE, please review the following value statement
- Open Governance in Higher Education: Extending the Past to the Future, EDUCAUSE Review, January/February 2011.
- Openness is the theme of the July/August EDUCAUSE Review, vol. 45, no 4, 2010. Articles on open content, open access, OER and open faculty are all included in this issue.
- Openness in Delivering Education and Content, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, vol. 32, no. 2, 2009.
- EDUCAUSE Review Magazine, vol. 44, no. 1, January/February 2009 Openness themed issue of EDUCAUSE Review
- What Is Openness, Anyway? EDUCAUSE Quarterly, vol. 32, no. 1, 2009.
- Minds on Fire: Open Education, the Long Tail, and Learning 2.0, EDUCAUSE Review, vol. 43, no. 1, January/February 2008.
Web Seminars and Podcasts
- Openness: Decoupling the Future to Radically Improve Access to Education, EDUCAUSE Live!, October 10th, 2011.
- The World Is Open: Now, WE ALL LEARN with Web Technology, ELI Annual Conference, January 21, 2010.
- Incidental Openness: Exploring Stories of Education in the Open, ELI Annual Conference, January 21, 2010.
- Throwing Open the Doors: Strategies and Implications for Open Access, EDUCAUSE Live!, October 13th, 2009.
- Where Is the Open Education Movement Going?, EDUCAUSE Live!, May 19th, 2009.
- Opening Up Education: The Collective Advancement of Education through Open Technology, Open Content, and Open Knowledge, EDUCAUSE Live!,October 17, 2008.
- EDUCAUSE Openness Constituent Group - Discurssion list
Updated January 2012
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Openness
- Beyond Access
February 2, 2009
In an interview, Vijay Kumar, MIT's senior associate dean and director of the Office of Educational Innovation and Technology, discusses how open education reveals and shares pedagogy along …
- Chapter 6: Why Openness in Education?
May 2, 2012
A chapter from Game Changers David Wiley and Cable Green This chapter is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License In this chapter, we explore …
- E10 Session Podcast: Openness, Data, and a Sustainable Future for Education
October 26, 2010
At first blush, open education and learning analytics appear to be two up-and-coming areas of educational research with little relationship to each other. This presentation reviews these two tren…
- Education in the Digital Age
January 16, 2009
Project: Connexions Institution: Rice University Education in the Digital Age By Joel Thierstein, Executive Director, Connexions Comments on this article can be sent…
- EDUCAUSE Now - #49 - 1) Teaching Collaboration 2) An Interview with Creative Commons' Cable Green
March 8, 2012
Subscribe to the EDUCAUSE NOW RSS feed This episode of EDUCAUSE Now features: Teaching Collaboration (:35-7:17) The use of collaboration in the classroom is rapidly b…
- EDUCAUSE Now - John Wilbanks and Science Commons
September 14, 2009
This podcast was originally published January 15, 2009. Welcome to EDUCAUSE Now! Join host Gerry Bayne and Colleen Luckett for a look at making research more streamlined with the open sharing …
- EDUCAUSE Now - Show #11 - Science Commons, EDUPUNK, How to Get Faculty to Do What You Want!
January 15, 2009
Welcome to 2009 and a new year of EDUCAUSE Now! Join host Gerry Bayne and Colleen Luckett for a look at making research more streamlined with the open sharing of knowledge. Listen to a lively deb…
- EDUCAUSE Now: - #35 - 1) FCC's Net Neutrality Proposal 2) Joshua Kim on Open Access and Blogging
January 13, 2011
This month on EDUCAUSE Now :Â We speak with EDUCAUSE Policy Director Steve Worona to find out what the new FCC Net Neutrality proposal means for higher education. We also feature an intervi…
- ELI Session: The World Is Open â€“ Now, WE ALL LEARN with Web Technology
February 16, 2010
In this session, Curtis J. Bonk , Professor for Instructional Systems Technology at Indiana University System, offers an intriguing look at 10 technology trends that he calls educational opene…
- ERO Podcast: Cable Green of Creative Commons Talks About Openness
September 5, 2012
In this podcast, Cable Green talks about Open Access, Open Resources, and Open Policies. Cable Green is director of global learning for Creative Commons. …