Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Publications
Filter by Presentations
EDUCAUSE values sharing, collaboration, and open access to knowledge and resources, and thus supports technologies, applications, and approaches that foster openness. Embracing openness as a core value commits EDUCAUSE to helping both its institutional and corporate members engage the topic on a sustained basis, with the goal of maximizing the flexibility and creativity with which members can advance their missions.
To learn more about openness as a core value of EDUCAUSE, please review the following value statement
- Open Governance in Higher Education: Extending the Past to the Future, EDUCAUSE Review, January/February 2011.
- Openness is the theme of the July/August EDUCAUSE Review, vol. 45, no 4, 2010. Articles on open content, open access, OER and open faculty are all included in this issue.
- Openness in Delivering Education and Content, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, vol. 32, no. 2, 2009.
- EDUCAUSE Review Magazine, vol. 44, no. 1, January/February 2009 Openness themed issue of EDUCAUSE Review
- What Is Openness, Anyway? EDUCAUSE Quarterly, vol. 32, no. 1, 2009.
- Minds on Fire: Open Education, the Long Tail, and Learning 2.0, EDUCAUSE Review, vol. 43, no. 1, January/February 2008.
Web Seminars and Podcasts
- Openness: Decoupling the Future to Radically Improve Access to Education, EDUCAUSE Live!, October 10th, 2011.
- The World Is Open: Now, WE ALL LEARN with Web Technology, ELI Annual Conference, January 21, 2010.
- Incidental Openness: Exploring Stories of Education in the Open, ELI Annual Conference, January 21, 2010.
- Throwing Open the Doors: Strategies and Implications for Open Access, EDUCAUSE Live!, October 13th, 2009.
- Where Is the Open Education Movement Going?, EDUCAUSE Live!, May 19th, 2009.
- Opening Up Education: The Collective Advancement of Education through Open Technology, Open Content, and Open Knowledge, EDUCAUSE Live!,October 17, 2008.
- EDUCAUSE Openness Constituent Group - Discurssion list
Updated January 2012
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Openness
- Open Governance in Higher Education: Extending the Past to the Future
February 7, 2011
Patrick Masson ( email@example.com ) is Chief Technology Officer of UMassOnline, the online consortium of the University of Massachusetts. Comments on this article can be posted to…
- Openness: A Core Value for Making Higher Education Great
August 5, 2010
© 2010 Diana G. Oblinger. The text of this article is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 License ( http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0…
- Openness as Catalyst for an Educational Reformation
August 5, 2010
© 2010 David Wiley. The text of this article is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License ( http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/ ). EDUCAUSE Review , vol. 45, no…
- EDUCAUSE Review Magazine, Volume 45, Number 4, July/August 2010
August 5, 2010
EDUCAUSE Review Volume 45, Number 4 July/August 2010 Open features The Open Future Openness as Catalyst for an Educational Ref…
- ELI2011 Podcast: Openness, Learning Analytics, and Continuous Quality Improvement
March 8, 2011
The primary purpose of educators is to help people improve in some way. In a deep and overarching way, the second purpose of educators should be to improve our ability to educate. " Opennes…
- ELI2011 Podcast: Continuous Improvement in Teaching and Learning: The Open Learning Initiative
March 7, 2011
Using intelligent tutoring systems , virtual laboratories , simulations, and frequent opportunities for assessment and feedback , the Open Learning Initiative (OLI) at Carnegie Mello…
- EDUCAUSE Now: - #35 - 1) FCC's Net Neutrality Proposal 2) Joshua Kim on Open Access and Blogging
January 13, 2011
This month on EDUCAUSE Now :Â We speak with EDUCAUSE Policy Director Steve Worona to find out what the new FCC Net Neutrality proposal means for higher education. We also feature an intervi…
- E10 Session Podcast: Open-Source Strategies: Visionaries, Pragmatists, and Curmudgeons
December 30, 2010
Too often, discussion of open-source strategies includes only like-minded perspectives. This session presents respectful dialogue across divergent perspectives and experiences in discussing the p…
- E10 Session Podcast: Openness, Data, and a Sustainable Future for Education
October 26, 2010
At first blush, open education and learning analytics appear to be two up-and-coming areas of educational research with little relationship to each other. This presentation reviews these two tren…
- â€œInfo-Communism:â€ A Progressive Path Forward or a Political and Intellectual Dead End?
January 26, 2010
In the last decade, an intellectual and political movement has emerged both here in the United States and Europe to challenge exclusive property rights over informational goods and promote the co…