Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Publications
Filter by Library Taxonomy
- Open Content [x]
- Openness [x]
- Information Technology Management and Leadership (147)
- Open Access (63)
- Libraries and Technology (58)
- Teaching and Learning (55)
- Information Systems and Services (25)
- Policy and Law (20)
- Federal Policy and Law (18)
- Open Source (18)
- Infrastructure and Emerging Technologies (17)
- Open Education (17)
- 27796 (14)
EDUCAUSE values sharing, collaboration, and open access to knowledge and resources, and thus supports technologies, applications, and approaches that foster openness. Embracing openness as a core value commits EDUCAUSE to helping both its institutional and corporate members engage the topic on a sustained basis, with the goal of maximizing the flexibility and creativity with which members can advance their missions.
To learn more about openness as a core value of EDUCAUSE, please review the following value statement
- Open Governance in Higher Education: Extending the Past to the Future, EDUCAUSE Review, January/February 2011.
- Openness is the theme of the July/August EDUCAUSE Review, vol. 45, no 4, 2010. Articles on open content, open access, OER and open faculty are all included in this issue.
- Openness in Delivering Education and Content, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, vol. 32, no. 2, 2009.
- EDUCAUSE Review Magazine, vol. 44, no. 1, January/February 2009 Openness themed issue of EDUCAUSE Review
- What Is Openness, Anyway? EDUCAUSE Quarterly, vol. 32, no. 1, 2009.
- Minds on Fire: Open Education, the Long Tail, and Learning 2.0, EDUCAUSE Review, vol. 43, no. 1, January/February 2008.
Web Seminars and Podcasts
- Openness: Decoupling the Future to Radically Improve Access to Education, EDUCAUSE Live!, October 10th, 2011.
- The World Is Open: Now, WE ALL LEARN with Web Technology, ELI Annual Conference, January 21, 2010.
- Incidental Openness: Exploring Stories of Education in the Open, ELI Annual Conference, January 21, 2010.
- Throwing Open the Doors: Strategies and Implications for Open Access, EDUCAUSE Live!, October 13th, 2009.
- Where Is the Open Education Movement Going?, EDUCAUSE Live!, May 19th, 2009.
- Opening Up Education: The Collective Advancement of Education through Open Technology, Open Content, and Open Knowledge, EDUCAUSE Live!,October 17, 2008.
- EDUCAUSE Openness Constituent Group - Discurssion list
Updated January 2012
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Openness
- Openness as Catalyst for an Educational Reformation
August 5, 2010
© 2010 David Wiley. The text of this article is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License ( http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/ ). EDUCAUSE Review , vol. 45, no…
- EDUCAUSE Review Magazine, Volume 45, Number 4, July/August 2010
August 5, 2010
EDUCAUSE Review Volume 45, Number 4 July/August 2010 Open features The Open Future Openness as Catalyst for an Educational Ref…
- Horizon Report 2010: Projects in E-Books, Open Content, Mobile Learning, and Augmented Reality
July 12, 2010
This web seminar includes speakers representing six projects featured in the latest Horizon Report . In this special one-and-a-half hour ELI webinar, you’ll be taken on a tour of their work …
- 7 Things You Should Know About Open Educational Resources
May 27, 2010
Open educational resources (OER) are any resources available at little or no cost that can be used for teaching, learning, or research. The term can include textbooks, course readings, and other …
- EDUCAUSE Now: - #35 - 1) FCC's Net Neutrality Proposal 2) Joshua Kim on Open Access and Blogging
January 13, 2011
This month on EDUCAUSE Now : We speak with EDUCAUSE Policy Director Steve Worona to find out what the new FCC Net Neutrality proposal means for higher education. We also feature an interview…
- The Horizon Report in Action: Emerging Technologies Today and Tomorrow
April 9, 2010
While it is difficult to predict the future, it is essential to plan for it. The Horizon Report is an established planning resource, designed to catalyze discussions around emerging and arriving …
- E10 Session Podcast: Openness, Data, and a Sustainable Future for Education
October 26, 2010
At first blush, open education and learning analytics appear to be two up-and-coming areas of educational research with little relationship to each other. This presentation reviews these two tren…
- “Info-Communism:” A Progressive Path Forward or a Political and Intellectual Dead End?
January 26, 2010
In the last decade, an intellectual and political movement has emerged both here in the United States and Europe to challenge exclusive property rights over informational goods and promote the co…
- Envisioning the Post-LMS Era: The Open Learning Network
March 3, 2010
Key Takeaways Although central to the business of higher education, the LMS has also become a symbol of the status quo that supports administrative functions more effectively than teaching …
- The Convergence of Lecture Capture and Social Media
January 26, 2010
In this EDUCAUSE Live! we will discuss how the formerly separate domains of lecture capture technologies and the emerging options for publicly sharing lectures on Web 2.0 consumer platforms are d…