Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Committee Holds Hearing on Inadvertent File Sharing over Peer-to-Peer Networks
Tuesday, July 24, 2007
On Tuesday, July 24, 2007, the Committee held a hearing to examine recent developments regarding inadvertent file sharing over peer-to-peer (P2P) networks, the impact of such sharing on consumers, corporations and government entities, and whether such sharing creates privacy or security risks for users. The following witnesses testified:
- Ms. Mary Koelbel Engle, Associate Director for Advertising Practices, Bureau of Consumer Protection, Federal Trade Commission
- Mr. Thomas D. Sydnor, II, Attorney-Advisor, Copyright Group, Office of International Relations, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Mr. Daniel G. Mintz, Chief Information Officer, U.S. Department of Transportation
- Mr. M. Eric Johnson, Professor of Operations Management, Director, Glassmeyer/McNamee Center for Digital Strategies, Tuck School of Business, Dartmouth College
- General Wesley K. Clark, Chairman and CEO, Wesley K. Clark & Associates, Board Member – Tiversa, Inc.
- Mr. Robert Boback, Chief Executive Officer, Tiversa, Inc.
- Mr. Mark Gorton, Chief Executive Officer, The Lime Group