Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Planning for Big Data A CIO's Handbook to the Changing Data Landscape
Wednesday, April 4, 2012
In an age where everything is measurable, understanding big data is an essential. From creating new data-driven products through to increasing operational efficiency, big data has the potential to make your organization both more competitive and more innovative.
As this emerging field transitions from the bleeding edge to enterprise infrastructure, it's vital to understand not only the technologies involved, but the organizational and cultural demands of being data-driven.
Written by O'Reilly Radar's experts on big data, this anthology describes:
- The broad industry changes heralded by the big data era
- What big data is, what it means to your business, and how to start solving data problems
- The software that makes up the Hadoop big data stack, and the major enterprise vendors' Hadoop solutions
- The landscape of NoSQL databases and their relative merits
- How visualization plays an important part in data work