Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Getting Started: Security Awareness
The Higher Education Information Security Council offers a variety of cybersecurity awareness resources for colleges and universities that can be adapted to fit the needs of your campus for campaigns during student orientations, National Cyber Security Awareness Month (NCSAM) each October, and throughout the year.
- Cybersecurity Awareness Resource Library
- Executive Security Awareness Resources
- Information Security Awareness Video & Poster Contest
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month (NCSAM) Resource Kit
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month (NCSAM) Sample Kit
- Security Awareness Quick Start Guide
- Security Awareness Detailed Instruction Manual
- Speakers Bureau
- CERT–Certified Computer Security Incident Handler
- CIPP (Certified Information Privacy Professional)
- CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor)
- CISM (Certified Information Security Manager)
- CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional)
- CompTIA Security+
- CRISC (Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control)
- GIAC (Global Information Assurance Certification)
- Holistic Information Security Practitioner
- SSCP (Systems Security Certified Practitioner)
If you are a new CISO or new to the higher education community, we recommend checking out the Toolkit for New CISOs, a resource developed by members of the Higher Education Information Security Council.
If you would like to suggest additional security training or certification opportunities, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Library Items on this Topic
Your search yielded no results
- Check if your spelling is correct, or try removing filters.
- Remove quotes around phrases to match each word individually: "blue drop" will match less than blue drop.
- You can require or exclude terms using + and -: big +blue drop will require a match on blue while big blue -drop will exclude results that contain drop.