Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
- Articles, Briefs, Papers, and Reports [x]
Filter by Publications
- Community [x]
Filter by Library Taxonomy
Learning science research and practical experience highlight the importance of interaction and engagement to successful learning. Active and collaborative learning environments are particularly effective for Net Generation learners. Games, simulations, group projects, and undergraduate research are among a number of models for interaction and engagement being explored.
Articles and Reports
Podcasts, Presentations and Videos
- The entire issue of the EDUCAUSE Quarterly Magazine, Volume 32, Number 4, 2009 is devoted to student engagement.
- Engaging Students with Engaging Tools, EDUCAUSE Quarterly Magazine, Volume 32, Number 4, 2009
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement,EDUCAUSE Quarterly Magazine, Volume 32, Number 4, 2009
- Assessing the Future: E-Portfolio Trends, Uses, and Options in Higher Education, ECAR Bulletin, February 2009.
- Assessment for Improvement: Tracking Student Engagement Over Time, Annual Results 2009, National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE), November 2009
- ELI 7 Things You Should Know About...
- Games and Learning, March 2014
- Flipped Classrooms, August 2013
- Makerspaces, April 2013
- Next-Generation Presentation Tools, January 2010
- Google Wave, November 2009
- Live Question Tool, April 2009
- Alternate Reality Games, January 2009
- Ustream, October 2008
- Wii, July 2008
- Second Life, June 2008
- Digital Storytelling, January 2007
- Podcast: WMU's "Broncoland" is a Video Game for Student Success, This podcast features an interview with Kevin Abbott, project lead for 3D and interactive media at Western Michigan University, August 2013
- Continuous Improvement in Teaching and Learning: Open Learning Initiative (OLI) and Open Learning Net (OLnet), ELI Web Seminar, January 11, 2010
- Clickers and Peer Instruction: A Powerful Way to Improve Student Engagement and Learning, but Only If You Do It Right ELI Web Seminar, October 05, 2009
- GameQuest: Creating an Education Game Program for Higher Ed, presentation and podcast from the EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, October 2008
- Digital Story Making: Understanding the Learner's Perspective, presentation and video from the ELI Annual Conference, January 2008
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Student Engagement and Interaction
- Will Mobile Learning Bring a Paradigm Shift in Higher Education?
January 27, 2011
In the light of technology-driven social change that creates new challenges for universities, this paper considers the potential of mobile learning as a subset of e-learning to effect a paradig…
- E-Learning's 'Third Phase'
October 27, 2009
Will new partnerships between technology companies challenge Blackboard's dominance? Will new partnerships between technology companies chal…
- Strategies to Engage Online Students and Reduce Attrition Rates
July 18, 2007
Attrition continues to be a major issue in higher education. Attrition rates for classes taught through distance education are 10 - 20% higher than classes taught in a face-to-face setting. Educa…