Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Learning science research and practical experience highlight the importance of interaction and engagement to successful learning. Active and collaborative learning environments are particularly effective for Net Generation learners. Games, simulations, group projects, and undergraduate research are among a number of models for interaction and engagement being explored.
Articles and Reports
- The entire issue of the EDUCAUSE Quarterly Magazine, Volume 32, Number 4, 2009 is devoted to student engagement.
- Engaging Students with Engaging Tools, EDUCAUSE Quarterly Magazine, Volume 32, Number 4, 2009
- Learning Space Design with an Inclusive Planning Process Promotes User Engagement,EDUCAUSE Quarterly Magazine, Volume 32, Number 4, 2009
- Assessing the Future: E-Portfolio Trends, Uses, and Options in Higher Education, ECAR Bulletin, February 2009.
- Assessment for Improvement: Tracking Student Engagement Over Time, Annual Results 2009, National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE), November 2009
- ELI 7 Things You Should Know About...
Podcasts, Presentations and Videos
- Continuous Improvement in Teaching and Learning: Open Learning Initiative (OLI) and Open Learning Net (OLnet), ELI Web Seminar, January 11, 2010
- Clickers and Peer Instruction: A Powerful Way to Improve Student Engagement and Learning, but Only If You Do It Right ELI Web Seminar, October 05, 2009
- GameQuest: Creating an Education Game Program for Higher Ed, presentation and podcast from the EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, October 2008
- Digital Story Making: Understanding the Learner's Perspective, presentation and video from the ELI Annual Conference, January 2008
Updated January 2010
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Student Engagement and Interaction
- EDUCAUSE Midwest Regional Conference Think Stops - 2010
March 23, 2010
EDUCAUSE Midwest Regional Think StopsThink stop #1 Tell Us What You Think! What timely topics would you like EDUCAUSE to spotlight in 2011? Technology Grants Culture Change …
- EDUCAUSE Southwest Regional Conference Think Stops
February 26, 2010
EDUCAUSE 2010 Southwest Regional Conference Think Stops Question #1 Tell Us What You Think! What timely topics would you like EDUCAUSE to spotlight in 2011? Augmented reality …
- 2010 EDUCAUSE Mid-Atlantic Regional Conference Think Stops
January 22, 2010
Think Stops at the Mid-Atlantic Regional Think Stop #1 photo Think Stop #1 Question: How is your campus creating new ways to reach and engage today's students? Responses …
- EDUCAUSE Southeast Regional: Net Generation Students and Campus IT Panel
June 19, 2007
Summary: Net Generation Students and Campus IT: Supporting Student Success in the Age of Multitasking, Facebooking, and Instant Messaging The session was recorded for podcasting and will be av…
- EDUCAUSE Western Regional: Linda Thor, President, Rio Salado College, All Aboard the Digital Express!
May 17, 2007
Summary: All Aboard the Digital Express! Linda Thor, President, Rio Salado College 2007 EDUCAUSE Western Regional Conference May 7, 2007 San Francisco, CA Abstract …
- EDUCAUSE Western Regional: On the Cutting Edge with Social Software in the Learning Process
May 16, 2007
Summary: On the Cutting Edge with Social Software in the Learning Process Panelist(s) Peter Beyersdorf , Assistant Professor, San Jose State University …