Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
- Articles, Briefs, Papers, and Reports [x]
Filter by Publications
Filter by Library Taxonomy
- Learners [x]
- Teaching and Learning [x]
- Learning (80)
- Millennials (75)
- Information Technology Management and Leadership (64)
- Instructional Technologies (46)
- Student Engagement and Interaction (40)
- Students (40)
- Teaching (36)
- E-Learning (24)
- Libraries and Technology (24)
- Social Media (24)
- Networking and Emerging Technologies (20)
- Instructional Design (19)
- Student Technology Use (17)
- Institutional Management (16)
- Games and Gaming (14)
- Information Discovery and Retrieval (14)
- Learning Management Systems (LMS) (14)
- Information Literacy (13)
Teaching and Learning
The strategic use of information technology has the ability to transform teaching and learning helping institutions realize EDUCAUSE’s mission of "transforming education through information technologies." All institutions have made educating learners a critical priority. Technology is a means, not an end, toward that goal.
EDUCAUSE focuses on understanding learners, aligning learning principles and practices together and integrating learning technology—all with the goal of improving student success. EDUCAUSE members also benefit from tools and techniques that enable them to deliver high quality academic programs and support services in a flexible manner. The strategic use of information technology can enhance student engagement, improve access, and make services more convenient. As IT is integrated into the academic enterprise, a number of other issues are raised such as financing, policies, faculty involvement, and assessment.
We encourage you to explore EDUCAUSE’s resources on teaching and learning. These include the work of our members as well as material contributed from EDUCAUSE's strategic initiative, the EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative. We hope you will find the material of use and encourage you to contribute to future EDUCAUSE activities in teaching and learning.
Join us for a free, EDUCAUSE Live! Game Changers Spotlight Series webinar focusing on higher education in the connected age.
This EDUCAUSE briefing provides a succinct overview of MOOCs for campus executives—from basic concepts to the opportunities and challenges for today's academic leaders.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Teaching and Learning
- Six Truisms and Corresponding False Conclusions Excerpted From Growing Up Digital
January 1, 1997
Technology and innovation for major shifts in learning patterns. Technology and innovation for major shifts in learning patterns. …
- Learning from Learners, Internet Style
January 1, 1998
Merging new styles with old structures. Merging new styles with old structures. …
- Internet-Generation and Adult Learners: Higher Education Institutions in the 21st Century
January 1, 1999
The on-campus technology-assisted and technology-based education must be a major part of the strategic direction of higher education institutions. In addition to on-campus schedules, asynchronous …
- Are Our Academic Libraries Ready for the Internet Generation?
January 1, 1999
A trend is emerging in Internet access by K-12 teachers, students, and college freshmen that forecasts coming challenges for college and university librarians, computer administrators, and faculty.…