Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
- Blogs [x]
Filter by Publications
Filter by Library Taxonomy
- Teaching and Learning [x]
- Policy and Law (60)
- Federal Policy and Law (55)
- Information Technology Management and Leadership (53)
- E-Learning (49)
- Distance Education (47)
- State Authorization (41)
- Institutional Management (27)
- Student Financial Aid (26)
- Federal Funding for IT (17)
- Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA) (17)
- Social Media (12)
- Faculty (10)
- Future of Higher Education (10)
- Instructional Technologies (10)
- Libraries and Technology (10)
- Openness (10)
- Accessibility (9)
- Organizational Issues, Teaching and Learning (9)
- Teaching and Learning Strategic Planning (9)
Teaching and Learning
The strategic use of information technology has the ability to transform teaching and learning helping institutions realize EDUCAUSE’s mission of "transforming education through information technologies." All institutions have made educating learners a critical priority. Technology is a means, not an end, toward that goal.
EDUCAUSE focuses on understanding learners, aligning learning principles and practices together and integrating learning technology—all with the goal of improving student success. EDUCAUSE members also benefit from tools and techniques that enable them to deliver high quality academic programs and support services in a flexible manner. The strategic use of information technology can enhance student engagement, improve access, and make services more convenient. As IT is integrated into the academic enterprise, a number of other issues are raised such as financing, policies, faculty involvement, and assessment.
We encourage you to explore EDUCAUSE’s resources on teaching and learning. These include the work of our members as well as material contributed from EDUCAUSE's strategic initiative, the EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative. We hope you will find the material of use and encourage you to contribute to future EDUCAUSE activities in teaching and learning.
Join us for a free, EDUCAUSE Live! Game Changers Spotlight Series webinar focusing on higher education in the connected age.
This EDUCAUSE briefing provides a succinct overview of MOOCs for campus executives—from basic concepts to the opportunities and challenges for today's academic leaders.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Teaching and Learning
- Does a Campus Need a Social Media Policy?
August 17, 2011
It depends. There has been a lot of discussion recently about whether or not college and university campuses need social media policies. While there do not appear to be any legal mandates fo…
- Does the end of educational discounts at Linden Labs equal more growth of Open Source Virtual Worlds?
November 12, 2010
News of Linden Labs ending the educational discount for lands within SecondLife has implications for schools that are using the virtual worlds. (How) Is this affecting your institution? …
- Draft Recommendations, Postsecondary Accessible Instructional Materials Commission
July 15, 2011
The federal Postsecondary Accessible Instructional Materials (AIM) Commission met earlier this week to discuss the commission’s first full draft of its potential recommendations to Congr…
- Draft St. Authorization Reciprocity Agreement Ready for Input
April 30, 2012
Russ Poulin, deputy director for research and analysis at the WICHE Cooperative for Educational Technologies (WCET), has announced that a draft State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA)…
- E08 Podcast: Tomorrow's Students, Today's K-12 Digital Learners: Are You Ready for Them?
April 28, 2009
This forty-three minute podcast features a session from the EDUCAUSE 2008 Annual Conference. The session, entitled " Tomorrow's Students, Today's K-12 Digital Learners: Are You …
- eBooks: Beyond PDF of the Textbook
March 2, 2010
This blog post started as an exploration of eReaders and institutional roll-out issues. As you can see, it evolved into larger questions about eTextbooks and eReaders. Any feedback is appre…
- ED Blinks, with a Warning
April 21, 2011
On Wednesday, April 20, the Department of Education issued a new "Dear Colleague" letter acknowledging "complaints from some institutions, or their representatives, that they a…
- EDUCAUSE Analytics Sprint, Day 2 Recap: Analytics for Teaching, Learning, and Student Success
July 25, 2012
The focus of today’s Sprint activities moved from general issues for higher education into the area of teaching and learning, an area that seemed to strike participants as either the most…
- EDUCAUSE Joins Letter Urging State Authorization Repeal
February 27, 2012
As mentioned last week , the higher education community anticipates that the U.S. House of Representatives will vote this week on a bill ( H.R. 2117 ) to repeal U.S. Department of Education…
- EDUCAUSE Joins New E-Learning Alliance
October 5, 2012
Earlier this year, EDUCAUSE participated in a task force of higher education associations and organizations that have e-learning as a significant part of their strategic agenda. Supported by a gr…