Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
- Podcasts [x]
Filter by Publications
Filter by Library Taxonomy
- Infrastructure and Emerging Technologies [x]
- Teaching and Learning [x]
- Information Technology Management and Leadership (24)
- Libraries and Technology (11)
- Policy and Law (5)
Teaching and Learning
The strategic use of information technology has the ability to transform teaching and learning helping institutions realize EDUCAUSE’s mission of "transforming education through information technologies." All institutions have made educating learners a critical priority. Technology is a means, not an end, toward that goal.
EDUCAUSE focuses on understanding learners, aligning learning principles and practices together and integrating learning technology—all with the goal of improving student success. EDUCAUSE members also benefit from tools and techniques that enable them to deliver high quality academic programs and support services in a flexible manner. The strategic use of information technology can enhance student engagement, improve access, and make services more convenient. As IT is integrated into the academic enterprise, a number of other issues are raised such as financing, policies, faculty involvement, and assessment.
We encourage you to explore EDUCAUSE’s resources on teaching and learning. These include the work of our members as well as material contributed from EDUCAUSE's strategic initiative, the EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative. We hope you will find the material of use and encourage you to contribute to future EDUCAUSE activities in teaching and learning.
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Teaching and Learning
- E07 Podcast: Social Software in Higher Education: Isolated Accidents or the Start of Something Big?
September 9, 2008
This forty-minute podcast of the panel discussion, " Social Software in Higher Education: Isolated Accidents or the Start of Something Big? ", was recorded at the EDUCAUSE 2007 Annual…
- Podcast: Supporting Faculty Adoption of Emerging Technologies: Wanderlust or Creating a Campus Roadmap?
June 17, 2008
This hour and thirteen minute podcast features a panel discussion from the EDUCAUSE 2008 Southeast Regional Conference. The participants of this general session, " Supporting Faculty Adopti…
- EDUCAUSE Now - Show #4 â€“ Cybersecurity, Cyberinfrastucture, Fear 2.0
June 12, 2008
EDUCAUSE Now is a monthly podcast, focusing on the intelligent use of information technology in higher education. Each episode features a variety of stories, interviews, and views that relate to …
- ELI In Conversation: The Fear 2.0 Group
June 12, 2008
Web 2.0 tools have the power to transform education. Such a transformation requires that faculty, students, and institutions take risks. With those risks comes fear, which is often unarticulated.…
- CNI Podcast: Moving To Mobile - Exploratory Services and Applications in Libraries - An Interview with Lisa Hinchliffe
April 25, 2008
This 14 minute podcast features an interview with Lisa Hinchliffe , Head of the Undergraduate Library at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. It was recorded at the CNI 2008 Spring …
- Podcast: Challenging IT Leaders to Mashup, Twitter, Tag, and Poke: New IT Strategies for a Digital Society
March 26, 2008
This 57 minute podcast features the opening keynote address from the EDUCAUSE 2008 Midwest Regional Conference. The speech was delivered by Susan E. Metros , Deputy CIO & Associate Vice Pr…
- ELI In Conversation: Second Life and Virtual Worlds - An Approach to Active Learning
February 12, 2008
In this 31 minute podcast we feature a conversation from the ELI 2008 Annual Meeting. The topic is Second Life and virtual worlds. How can virtual world participation help students become active …
- ELI In Conversation: Web 2.0 and Digital Storytelling
February 6, 2008
In this podcast we feature a conversation with Bryan Alexander , Director for Research at the National Institute for Technology and Liberal Education ( NITLE ) , and Gail Matthews-DeNatale…
- ELI In Conversation: George Siemens and Michael Wesch Talk About Future Learning.
February 1, 2008
In this podcast we feature a conversation between George Siemens , Associate Director of the Learning Technologies Centre at the University of Manitoba. and Michael Wesch , Assistant Profes…
- ELI In Conversation: Web 2.0 Learning Tools- What are they? What is their role in higher education?
January 31, 2008
In this podcast we feature a conversation with Barbara Sawhill , Director of the Cooper International Learning Center at Oberlin College, and Jude Higdon , Instructional Technology Support …