Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Special Conference Mentoring Program Opportunity
Looking for someone to advise on your career path? Have a difficult personnel situation at work? Need to find someone to help you think through elements of a significant project? Want someone to review your resume? Whatever your issue, consider signing up for a one-on-one career coaching opportunity at the Mid-Atlantic Regional Conference.
Members of the Professional Development Mentoring Team will be onsite at the conference in Baltimore. Each member of the team has significant experience in higher education information technology service, management, and leadership. Each has agreed to be matched with two attendees in a professional development mentoring capacity during the conference. These opportunities are limited and can be scheduled for 30-60 minutes during the conference. Links to the mentors' professional profiles are below.
Please contact Lida Larsen if you would like to take advantage of this opportunity to talk with someone about your career or a specific work situation during the conference. Please include your first and second mentor choice or otherwise indicate the topic area of interest.
Deadline to Request a Mentoring Session: January 4th
Mid-Atlantic Regional Conference Professional Development Mentoring Team (Please send your two top choices to Lida Larsen)
Additional Career Development, Mentoring, and Staff Development Opportunities available at the Mid-Atlantic Regional Conference
Wherever you are in your career, consider joining us or sending a staff member to these special opportunities at the Mid-Atlantic Regional Conference:
- EDUCAUSE Institute New IT Managers Program: Tuesday, January 15, afternoon; Wednesday, January 16, morning; Thursday, January 17, afternoon; Friday, January 18, afternoon; plus one online program session after the conference. (Additional fee)
- Successful Mentoring Relationships for Career Development: Wednesday, January 16, 10:45 a.m.
- The Evolving Role of the Higher Education CIO: Wednesday, January 16, 10:45 a.m.
- A Smorgasbord of Staff Development Programs: Wednesday, January 16, 3:45 p.m.
- Elevate Your Game: How to Propose, Design, and Deliver a Fantastic Conference Session: Wednesday, January 16, 4:45 p.m.
- Elevate Your Game: Develop a 5-Year Career Plan: Thursday, January 17, 10:45 a.m.
- Lunch and Roundtable Discussions - Look for Career Development topics: Thursday, January 17, 12:30 p.m.
- How to Foster Agile Working Groups at Your Institution: Thursday, January 17, 11:45 a.m.
- Mary Isn't Contributing to the Coffee Fund! Strategies for Managing Staff in a Rapidly Changing Environment: Thursday, January 17, 3:30 p.m. (Workshop)
- Choose Your Own Adventure: Mentoring & Networking Event: Thursday, January 17, 3:30 p.m.
- People Matter: Engaging, Developing and Retaining Great People in Not-So-Great Times: Friday, January 18, 9:30 a.m.
- They Just Don't Get It! Seven Ways Geeks and Non-Geeks Can Get Along: Friday, January 18, 10:30 a.m.