Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Hotel and Travel
March 21–23, 2016
Providence, Rhode Island
Conference Location and Hotel Accomodations
Rhode Island Convention Center
One Sabin Street
Providence, RI 02903
The Omni Providence (formerly The Westin Providence)
One West Exchange Street
Providence, RI 02903
Toll-free within the U.S.: 1-800-843-6664
$182 single or double excluding tax (currently 13%)
February 22, 2016
Group Code: EDUCAUSE
Online: Make your reservation online via the hotel website.
Room availability: A block of rooms has been reserved for March 20-23, 2016. The conference rate has been extended to include three days pre- and postconference on a space available basis. You may book over the extended dates or call the hotel directly to check availability.
>> NERCOMP participants will receive complimentary Internet access in their guest rooms if the reservation is booked within the group housing block.
Air & Ground Transportation
Providence, RI: T.F. Green Airport (PVD); 10 miles south of the Omni hotel.
- Directions to the airport
- Ground transportation options: See the sidebar for information on car rentals, taxis and limos, buses, trains.
- Shuttle ($11.00 USD each way): Please check the airport limousine shuttle schedule for more information; they do not accept reservations. They depart T.F. Green every hour on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Taxi (15 minutes/$28.00 USD)
Boston, MA: Logan International Airport (BOS); 50 miles from Providence
Hartford, CT/Springfield, MA: Bradley International Airport (BDL); 105 miles from Providence
Area Ground Transportation
- Amtrak: Providence is located on Amtrak's Northeast Corridor between Washington D.C., New York City, and Boston. For rates, schedules, and passenger information, call 800-USA-RAIL or visit their website and click on 'Book It Now' for a special Visit Rhode Island rate.
- Massachusetts Bay Transit Authority (MBTA): Runs low cost commuter trains to Providence from Boston and other points in Massachusetts. Call 800-392-6100 or visit MBTA.com for schedules and fares.
- Peter Pan Bus: Kennedy Plaza Terminal, $16 R/T Boston-Providence.
- Public transportation: Highlights public transportation in Rhode Island.
All prices are subject to change. Visit individual websites for current information.