Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Hotel and Travel
March 11-13, 2013
Providence, Rhode Island, and Online
Improvising the Future
Meeting Location and Hotel Accommodations
Rhode Island Convention Center
One Sabin Street
Providence, RI 02903
The Omni Providence (formerly The Westin Providence)
One West Exchange Street
Providence, RI 02903
Toll-free within the U.S.: 800-843-6664
Room rates excluding tax (currently 13%): $182 single or double
Cutoff date: February 18, 2013
Reservations meeting code: "NERCOMP Conference" (mention this code when calling the hotel to make your reservations)
Online reservations: Click "Book Now" to get the conference rate. Please note that you can only book March 10-14 dates. If you want dates before or after, please contact the hotel directly.
Room availability: A block of rooms has been reserved for March 10-13, 2013. The conference rate has been extended to include March 7-9 and March 14-16 on a space-available basis.
Air and Ground Transportation
Providence, RI: T.F. Green Airport (PVD); 10 miles south of the Westin hotel.
- Directions to the airport
- Ground transportation options: See the sidebar for information on car rentals, taxis and limos, buses, trains.
- Shuttle ($11.00 USD each way): Please check the airport limousine shuttle schedule for more information; they do not accept reservations. They depart T.F. Green every hour on the hour on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Taxi (15 minutes/$28.00 USD)
Area Ground Transportation
- Amtrak: Providence is located on Amtrak's Northeast Corridor between Washington D.C., New York City, and Boston. For rates, schedules, and passenger information, call 800-USA-RAIL or visit their website and click on 'Book It Now' for a special Visit Rhode Island rate.
- Massachusetts Bay Transit Authority (MBTA): Runs low cost commuter trains to Providence from Boston and other points in Massachusetts. Call 800-392-6100 or visit MBTA.com for schedules and fares.
- Peter Pan Bus: Kennedy Plaza Terminal, $16 R/T Boston-Providence.
- Customized map: Highlights public transportation in Rhode Island.
All prices are subject to change. Visit individual websites for current information.