Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Whether your focus was administrative services, information resources, teaching and learning, technology infrastructure, or management, you benefited from attending the annual NERCOMP conference, March 8–10, 2010 in Providence, Rhode Island to:
- Connect with innovators and forward thinkers and learn about current and emerging best practices in higher education information services.
- Collaborate with others in positions similar to yours to exchange experiences and explore ways to tackle common challenges.
- Contribute your uncommon thinking for the common good in numerous discussion sessions and networking venues.
The conference theme, "The Next-Generation University: Rethinking IT in Disruptive Times," explored how our institutions and organizations are managing economic challenges, forging new visions, and integrating new information technology paradigms and approaches. Preconference seminars were held Monday, March 8, with the full conference program March 9–10. The program followed these key topic areas:
- Enterprise Services and Systems: "Plumbing 2.0"
- IT Support Services: Models and Practices
- Leadership and Organizational Development
- Library and Scholarship in the 21st Century
- Policy, Regulations, and Security
- Teaching and Learning
- Corporate and Campus Solutions