Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Whether your focus was administrative services, data and information resources, teaching and learning, research computing, technology infrastructure, or leadership, you benefited from attending the annual NERCOMP conference, March 28–30, 2011 in Providence, Rhode Island to:
- Connect with innovators and forward thinkers and learn about current and emerging best practices in higher education information services.
- Collaborate with others in positions similar to yours to exchange experiences and explore ways to tackle common challenges.
- Contribute your uncommon thinking for the common good in numerous discussion sessions and networking venues.
The conference theme, "Developing Our Strengths, Leveraging Our Talents, Inspiring Our Campuses," explored how our roles across the institution enable innovation as higher education paradigms shift significantly and as we are required to provide ever-increasing portfolios of service during difficult economic times. Preconference seminars were held Monday, March 28, with the full conference program March 29–30. The program followed these key topic areas:
- Enterprise Computing Services: Grounded by Reality, Staring at Clouds
- IT Support Services: Models and Practices
- Leadership and Organizational Development
- Libraries and Scholarship in the 21st Century
- Policy, Regulations, and Security
- Teaching and Learning
- Corporate and Campus Solutions