Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Use Data to Analyze Your IT Environment
Data from the 2013 survey is available now in CDS Reporting, a self-service tool that enables institutions to create custom peer groups of other institutions, interact with data in dashboards and graphs, and review IT core metrics on IT staffing, funding, and services.
If your institution completed the 2013 survey, you can use this data to benchmark your IT organization against your peers, make the case for additional resources, evaluate your organizational structure and governance, or calibrate or justify performance.
Data from the 2014 survey will be available in CDS Reporting beginning December 2014.
Access Data in CDS Reporting
CDS Reporting provides dashboards that display data from CDS survey questions. The Core Metrics dashboard contains the most frequently used metrics for IT strategic management and planning. Additional dashboards group questions by topic for easy comparison.
- Click any graph to open a detailed report containing exportable graphs and data tables with 2011, 2012, and 2013 data.
- Download data to a spreadsheet. You have the option to download by question or module so you can analyze data in your own application.
- Compare your data with others' using pre-built peer groups, or create your own custom peer groups. Applying a peer group will adjust the dashboards and detailed reports to display data for the peer group you've selected.
Improvements you'll find in the 2013 data release:
- One-stop access for reports and raw data
- Three-year trends
- Enhanced peer analysis
- Improved data downloading
NOTE: If you download data to a spreadsheet, the Visual Data Dictionary helps you to
- Map questions to the spreadsheet column headings
- Map questions to their equivalent in 2011 and 2012 surveys
Need help? See the User Guide >
“[CDS] has been most helpful to compare staffing levels and budgets for the IT organization. We have been able to successfully advocate for additional or reallocated resources, based on the normalized data.”
Senior Director, Office of Information Technology, American University
CDS Reporting will be down for maintenance November 10–15. During this time, access to data and dashboards will be unavailable.
- Confirm your institution's participation in 2013. View Participant List >
- Login to confirm that you have access permissions. To be authorized as a CDS Reviewer, contact your CDS manager or EDUCAUSE primary representative. View Role Assignments >
- Review and accept the CDS Appropriate Use Policy. View the AUP >
CDS REPORTING IS POWERED BY