Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Use Data to Analyze Your IT Environment
Data from the 2014 survey are now available in CDS Reporting, a self-service tool that enables institutions to create custom peer groups of other institutions, interact with data in dashboards and graphs, and review IT core metrics on IT staffing, funding, and services. 2015 data will loaded to CDS Reporting in December 2015.
You can use this data to benchmark your IT organization against your peers, make the case for additional resources, evaluate your organizational structure and governance, or calibrate or justify performance.
Access Data in CDS Reporting
CDS Reporting provides dashboards that display data from CDS survey questions. The Core Metrics dashboard contains the most frequently used metrics for IT strategic management and planning. Additional dashboards group questions by topic for easy comparison.
- Click any graph to open a detailed report containing exportable graphs and data tables with 2012, 2013, and 2014 data.
- Download data to a spreadsheet. You have the option to download by question or module so you can analyze data in your own application.
- Compare your data with others' using pre-built peer groups, or create your own custom peer groups. Applying a peer group will adjust the dashboards and detailed reports to display data for the peer group you've selected.
If you download data to a spreadsheet, the Visual Data Dictionary for 2014 data will help you to map questions from previous survey years to spreadsheet column headings.
Need help? See the User Guide >
“[CDS] made my first year as a CIO an informed one. As I worked to make the case to our institutional leadership that we needed to rethink how we not only fund IT, but how critical IT is to the overall mission of University, CDS was the go-to resource.”
— Cole W. Camplese
— Cole W. Camplese
Vice President, Information Technology & CIO, Stony Brook University
- Confirm your institution's participation in 2014. View 2014 Participants >
- Login to confirm that you have access permissions. To be authorized as a CDS Reviewer, contact your CDS manager or EDUCAUSE primary representative. View Role Assignments >
- Review and accept the CDS Appropriate Use Policy. View the AUP >
Using metrics to benchmark higher education IT financials, staffing, and services can add value by informing and reinforcing the decision-making process. Learn how:
- Benchmarking to Inform Planning EDUCAUSE Review article
- Benchmarking to Inform Planning infographic
- Benchmarking to Inform Planning recorded webinar
- Benchmarking for CIOs (an introduction)
- CDS Reporting Demo
- CDS Core Metrics in Action recorded webinar
CDS REPORTING IS POWERED BY