Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Benchmarking Report and Almanacs
View data comparisons quickly; integrate data into your presentations more easily.
Using metrics to benchmark higher education IT financials, staffing, and services can add value by informing and reinforcing the decision-making process. Learn how:
For all US non-specialized institutions
How does your spending compare?
- Total central IT spending per institutional FTE (students, faculty, and staff) = $909
- Total central IT spending as percentage of institutional expenses = 4%
- Percentage of institutions with a 5% or greater increase in central IT spending = 35%
- Percentage of institutions with a 5% or greater decrease in central IT spending = 20%
How does your "running the trains" spending compare?
- Non-compensation operating expenditures make up 34% of the budget (Median)
- Percentage of central IT spending on running the institution = 80%
How does the size of your IT org compare?
- Central IT FTEs per 1,000 institutional FTEs = 7.8
- Student workers as a percentage of total central IT FTE = 17%