Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Gartner Research for EDUCAUSE Members and ECAR Subscribers
EDUCAUSE institutional members and ECAR higher education subscribers have access to specialized research reports from Gartner, Inc., a leading independent research and advisory company. This benefit is provided at no additional charge through January 14, 2014, at which time the joint agreement between EDUCAUSE and Gartner will be reviewed.
Gartner Research: Who Has Access to What?
Gartner Webinars—All individuals at EDUCAUSE member higher education institutions are able to review Gartner's upcoming complimentary webinars, with the ability to search by topic and access archived seminars (see box at right).
EDUCAUSE Center for Analysis and Research (ECAR) Institutional Subscribers
ECAR subscribers receive three distinct services from Gartner:
- Gartner Webinars—All individuals at ECAR-subscribing higher education institutions are able to review Gartner's upcoming complimentary webinars, with the ability to search by topic and access archived seminars (see box at right).
- Gartner IT1 Research Reports—In 2013, ECAR staff will select four IT1 research reports that are most relevant or timely for the higher education IT community. Access to these reports expires one year from release. Announcements will be sent to all individuals at ECAR-subscribing institutions who have profiles on the EDUCAUSE website. The following IT1 reports have been released:
- May 14, 2013: Enterprise Content-Aware DLP Solution Comparison and Select Vendor Profiles
- January 28, 2013: 2013 Planning Guide for Application Delivery Strategies: Mobile, Cloud, Social, and Information
- December 3, 2012: 2013 Planning Guide: Data Center, Infrastructure, Operations, Private Cloud and Desktop Transformation
- October 15, 2012: Decision Point for Selecting a Mobile Application Architecture
- May 31, 2012: Software-as-a-Service Email Security: Risk vs. Trust
- February 17, 2012: Field Research: Mobility in the Age of Consumerization
- December 13, 2011: 2012 Planning Guide: Identity and Privacy by Bob Blakley
- Gartner IT News and Insight Service—One individual at each ECAR-subscribing institution, ideally the CIO or equivalent, receives access to over 500 Gartner selected research reports annually through the Gartner IT News and Insight Service. Gartner will invite the primary contact at the ECAR-subscribing institution to register to receive IT News and Insight access and communications.