Conferences & Events
Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Gartner Research for EDUCAUSE Members and ECAR Subscribers
EDUCAUSE institutional members and ECAR higher education subscribers have access to specialized research reports from Gartner, Inc., a leading independent research and advisory company. This benefit is provided at no additional charge through January 14, 2015, at which time the joint agreement between EDUCAUSE and Gartner will be reviewed.
Gartner Research: Who Has Access to What?
Gartner Webinars—All individuals at EDUCAUSE member higher education institutions are able to review Gartner's upcoming complimentary webinars, with the ability to search by topic and access archived seminars (see box at right).
EDUCAUSE Center for Analysis and Research (ECAR) Institutional Subscribers
ECAR subscribers receive three distinct services from Gartner:
- Gartner Webinars—All individuals at ECAR-subscribing higher education institutions are able to review Gartner's upcoming complimentary webinars, with the ability to search by topic and access archived seminars (see box at right).
- Gartner IT1 Research Reports—In 2014, ECAR staff will select four IT1 research reports that are most relevant or timely for the higher education IT community. Access to these reports expires one year from release. Announcements will be sent to all individuals at ECAR-subscribing institutions who have profiles on the EDUCAUSE website.
- August 2014 report forthcoming
- May 12 2014: Improving Data Center Agility with Network Virtualization
- February 28, 2014: Comparing Methodologies for IT Risk Assessment and Analysis
- December 10, 2013: 2014 Planning Guide for Data Management
- September 4, 2013: Develop a Strategic Road Map for Postmodern ERP in 2013 and Beyond
- May 14, 2013: Enterprise Content-Aware DLP Solution Comparison and Select Vendor Profiles
- Gartner IT News and Insight Service—One individual at each ECAR-subscribing institution, ideally the CIO or equivalent, receives access to over 500 Gartner selected research reports annually through the Gartner IT News and Insight Service. Gartner will invite the primary contact at the ECAR-subscribing institution to register to receive IT News and Insight access and communications.